Chapter XLIV

Asahi put down his cup of water, tired after everything that happened. He had just escorted Otome Arisugawa to the hospital wing, and after that, he had to carry Rei Kizeki, whom he thought he would never see in a hospital. 

After everything that happened, he just needed a break. But, was there ever a break for them anyways? 

Apparently not. 

"Asahi!!" Mahiru rushed in. "Help!"

Nozomu ran towards the two siblings. "What happened?"

Mahiru took a deep breath before explaining, "Kanata failed. The suitors are carrying Ako towards the forest as planned. He was no match for them. They were too many."

"What are we waiting for, then?" Nozomu asked, his wand in his hand. "We have to save them both."

Quickly waving a 'goodbye' to the youngest Kasumi sibling, the two young men made their way towards the place Mahiru described in haste. They were tired, but at that moment, the safety of their friend and fellow M4 member came first.

Soon enough, they spot the injured brunette. Nozomu immediately helps him get up and inspects his wounds. "It's not as bad as you think." Kanata shrugs. "I've had worse." He brushed off the dust from his torn robes, then removed it. Throwing it to the floor, he used a non-verbal spell to set it on fire, burning it to ashes. 

Asahi spoke up. "Let's find a way to rescue Ako, and we need to be fast." 

"I don't actually worry about her, to be honest." Kanata admitted, adjusting his shirt. "She must have used her smart mouth to postpone time as long as possible, maybe by charming them or cracking them up with jokes, so we have plenty of time to think of a successful plan."

Nozomu checked his watch. "How long, though?"

"Five more minutes maximum. I have a feeling that they'll get annoyed and strip her, which is the last thing I want to see."

The eldest of the three nodded. "You seem to have a lot of confidence in Saotome." He noted, making the other chuckle.

"Of course. As if you don't with Aria."

"I mean, you're not wrong." 

"Well if you two don't shut up talking about girls, I'm gonna tell the school newspaper about the I time I caught you two watching something inappropriate for school inside the M4 dorms." Asahi threatened, along with the lines of what seemed to be "my poor virgin eyes"

"But that happened whilst you were away. We didn't know you would return from the school library so soon--"

The youngest rolled his eyes. "Still, no matter what, I had to cleanse my poor eyes after knowing what you two were up to. If I knew, I'd spent the night in the S4 dorms with Yozora--" 

"Well, if we continue talking about that incident, I'm afraid Ako would not be able to stop the suitors' much more perverted brains." Kanata interrupted. "I think I know where they are, so follow me."

With Nozomu treading on his heels, Asahi pouted. "I'll definitely tell Ako about it though! You're not as innocent as she thinks you are! I mean, I could just remind her of your count when I get to have a nice, long chat with her."

"Asahi Kasumi!" 

Nozomu could only maniacally laugh in amusement as he followed. "So, when we see Saotome," he began as they could finally spot the backs of cheering suitors, "Kanata, you'll grab her and get her somewhere safe, and leave the rest to us."

The two quickly concurred and approaching the suitors, they could see what was happening. 

Sure enough, Kanata was right.

The young redhead and the suitors were having a warm conversation about food. Judging by the look on their faces, Nozomu guessed food was their ultimate weakness. "Can we just feed them and get her out of here? We'll never know what their next move is." He asked Asahi, but the youngest member of M4 was too intently listening to the suitors describing how they would design their dream cake.

Kanata shook his head. "Don't tip them off yet. There are more than fifteen of them, and there's only three of us. I suggest we find a plan to alert her of our presence so that she knows she is safe."

"Then perhaps you give her a signal." Nozomu directed. "Tell her something only she would understand, but don't be too obvious or else they'll know who it's from."

The other Ravenclaw pushed up his glasses. "That's a hard one. No hearts, cats, books, glasses, not even my initials." He pursed his lips. "She needs to know it's from me and not just a random spell directed to Rei from a nearby area."

"Maybe you can try summoning a flock of birds." Suggested Nozomu. "Ako loves reading, and in literature, birds symbolize freedom because they can walk on the earth and swim in the sea like us human beings, but they also have the ability to fly and roam the sky as they wished, which was something impossible to us until the invention of planes in the twentieth century. Seeing how clever she is, I bet she can figure this out in no time."

Kanata directed his wand at the sky. "Avis." 

~~~

Ako felt disgusted and weird under the suitors' gaze as they eyed her legs, all the way up to the mini-skirt under her robes. She could guess what they were thinking, and she did not like it at all.

Marcus raised his hand to her face and touch her cheek. "Ako, dear, you may feel cold during the process, but if you be a good girl and comply with my orders, it will all be over soon." 

"Don't. Touch. Me." She spat out, gripping her clothes even tighter. "Leave me alone, you bastards."

A sinister smirk appeared on Marcus' face. "Well, well, well. Let me fix your attitude, dear. You aren't supposed to talk to your future husband like that, are you?" He reached out a hand and placed it on her thigh but her hand whips across his shoulder, knocking him to the floor. 

"Don't. Touch. Me." She repeated in disgust. 

"Don't act like you don't want to be told what to do." He turned to his companions. "Tie her up."

The suitors nodded and approached the redhead. Ako screamed when she felt a suitor grasping her hands. She struggled against them, trying to break free while shouting for help as loud as she could, hoping someone near the area would notice and eventually check out what was wrong. 

Nevertheless, a single girl was powerless against a group of young men. However, she persisted, trying to buy herself some time until her mouth was covered by strong tape. She looked into the sky, trying to pull her hands out when she notices a flock of birds flying by. 

Birds?

Although birds still flew around in the winter, it was very rare to spot them in the Scottish highlands. The only reason there could be one was because someone had summoned them -- her cries for help have been heard, and someone was there to save her.

***

If you haven't already done so, please click the vote button and follow our Wattpad accounts to grasp updates of this collab and many others! Have a nice day!