chapter 43

~Shailene~

It's a Monday but I took the day off from work to help Hermione pack up because she leaves for college tomorrow. For the past hour he have been trying to decide whether she should take any dresses with her or not. She's laid out about twenty dresses on the bed and is standing there with her hands on her hips staring at them.

I sigh and lean back into the chair I'm sitting on.

"Are you going to take any or not?" I ask for the fourth time.

"I don't know." The reply is the same as before.

"Well, I'll go get something to eat and you better have this decided by then." I warn her and walk out the door after asking her if she wants anything.

I go to the kitchen and get myself a cup of coffee and then start to make a Hermione a sandwhich when my phone starts to ring. It's Theo.

"Hey!"

"Hi Theo!" I reply.

"How's your day going?" I ask him.

"I've attended two meetings and gotten mad at what seems to be a thousand people. What about you?" He tells.

I smile at this and reply. "Hermione's trying to decide whether to take dresses or not."

"Why's she going to need dresses?" He asks.

I support the phone on shoulder, so that I can spread mayonnaise on the bread. "Because she's going to college! She'll have to attend parties and go out with friends etc etc."

"Oh. Why don't you just tell her that? Wouldn't that make it easier for her to decide?" He asks.

"I know but I want her to figure things out on her own." I tell him.

"Always trying to be the best mother ever." He says.

"I don't try, I am the best mother ever." I reply laughing and he does too.

"Alright then. Go help her out. I'll talk to you when I get back." He says.

"Bye." I hang up.

I put in some chicken chunks and put the sandwhich in a plate to take it up to her. I'm about to check my messages when I hear noises coming from upstairs. It sounds like someone's crying real bad. I put down the phone on the counter.

I slowly ask. "Hermione?" No reply.

I go up and stop outside the door. She's definitely crying and from the sounds she's making something must be seriously wrong because of the sounds she's making.

I open the door slowly and peep in. She has her back to me and is bent over the table. I move closer so that I see what's wrong. But from where I stand I can't see anything.

"Hermione?" I ask loudly.

"Yeah? What?" She spins around looking dazed.

Her eyes are red and tears are streaming down her face. It seems as if someone shot her or something.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?"  I ask her.

"Yeah." She replies.

"Then why are you crying?" I ask.

She wipes her eyes with her sleeve and leans against the wall for support and keeps staring at the same point.

"Explain yourself to me!" I shout at her.

"I'm crying because Tris is dead!" She shouts. This takes me off guard. The filming of this scene rushes back to me and remember how much I cried when I watched the finished work.

When I find my tongue again, I ask. "Why are you watching Allegiant?"

She folds her arms across her chest before replying. "Because I read Divergent and Insurgent. I didn't know whether I would have time to read Allegiant in college. So, I decided to watch the movie because I was curious."

I walk over to her and give her a hug. I pull away saying. "Your sandwhich is waiting. Come get it when you want."

With this I go back downstairs to drink my coffee. I'm half done when she comes downstairs and grabs the plate off the counter. She sits down oppposite to me and starts to eat.

After some time she says. "I'm really going to miss you."

"It'll be good for both of us to spend some time away from each other." I joke and she laughs.

What I said is not true because words can't explain how much I'll miss her.

This is it for this chapter.

Hermione has the same feeling as us about Allegiant's ending. I cried a lot too and my parents thought that I had gone crazy or something.

Read, Vote & plzzzzz Comment!

-Fangirl