chapter 31

~Theo~

I park outside Ruth's house and get out. There are two cars in the driveway. One must be Miles's and  the other I don't know.

I go after to th front door and knock. No one opens it. So, after a couple of minutes I knock again. Again no one opens it. I pull out my phone and dial his number. After two rings the call goes to voicemail. I end the call.

I try the door and it opens! I go in and close the door behind me.

"Miles! Are you there?!" I scream.

Feet pound on the stairs and Miles appears in front of  me.

"What are you doing here?" He asks, clearly shocked.

"May I ask you the same question?" I ask crossing my arms across my chest.

"What do you mean? This is my house!" He reminds me.

"Your wife..." I trail off because a woman just snuck out from behind him.

"Who was that?" I ask pushing past him to go after her.

When I round the corner into the kitchen I find her hiding behind the wall. Before she can run away, I grab her arm and spin her around. Miles comes in and switches on a light. This gives me a clear view of her face. She is blonde and VERY UGLY!

"You're cheating on your wife?" I ask quietly. When he doesn't reply I ask again "Aren't you?"

I let go of the girl and she runs out.

"It's not like that." He begins.

But I cut in. "Then what?!" I scream. Anger is boiling inside me and right now I fell like a volcano that will explode any second.

"Your son is dead and your wife needs you!" I leave before he can reply.

I get into the car and slam the door shut. His son has died and his wife in some world and he doesn't even care! What are good husband he thinks he is! I step on the gas and speed up.

After a few minutes out of nowhere a car comes into my path. I step on the breakes and miss it by inches. An accident like this could have thrown me into comma as well.

I slow down and take my time to get to tthe hospital. I try sorting out my thoughts and fail miserably.

I park the car and go to the hall where George's room is. There is no one there except Ruth and my girls. Shai and Ruth are sitting opposite to each other. Hermione is leaning against the wall, staring at the floor. When I step out of the elevator all three heads turn in my direction. I go sit next to Shailene.

"How are you doing?" I ask Ruth.

He's really gone." She replies her mind somewhere else. I sigh and lean back against my chair.

Hermione sits down next to Ruth and says. " I have to tell you guys something."

"I think George's death is my fault." She says.

"No! Don't even think that!" Shailen and I both shout together.

Hermione holds up her hands to stop us and goes on. " Two times he tried to tell me that he had feeling for me. I only pushed him back both times."

"Hermione! You're know nothing as yet about feelings." Shai starts but Hermione barges in. 

"Mom! Don't give me that! I'm two weeks away from graduation! I have a boyfriend and we love each other!" With tears stream down her face.

My fatherly feelings take over me and I get up to console her. I sit down next to her and put my arm around her shoulder. I pull her into me and kiss her forehead. I have no idea how Miles could have ignored his son's feelings so easily.

Here's the promised update!

Read, Vote and Comment!

-Fangirl