chapter 27

~Hermione~

I come of the cubicle and go to the long mirror on the opposite wall. I check my hair and reapply my lipgloss. Then I go out.

"What took you so long?" A voice asks from behind me making me jump. I turn around and see that it's Liam.

"How did you know I was here?" I ask him.

"I knew because I had a coke too." He tells me.

I laugh and take his hand. Hand in hand we walk to the lobby. When we there, I see Hazel and Augustus going up in the lift. I know there's nothing except bedrooms up there. A naughty thought crosses my mind and I raise an eyebrow at Liam. He gets my point and we laugh our insides out.

But we're cut short at the arrival of two policemen. They make their way to the prom supervisor, who points in out direction. I hold my breath because this is the second time that the police contacted me in the past week.

Liam squeezes my hand. "Hello! Miss James." The first officer says whom I recognize from the night of George's accident.

"Officer." Liam acknowledges him so that I don't have to speak. And for this I'm thankful.

"The last time we came to you was because George had been hit by a car but now...." He removes his cap, holds it to his chest and bows his head. I've seen police officers do this in movies when...

"George won't be coming out of comma." He tells me sadly.

"What? What do you mean?" I ask shocked.

"George passed away an hour ago. The doctors notified us because there was no one at the hospital. We couldn't reach hsi mother. Other than her you were the first person that came to mind." 

I find myself sinking to the floor. My world spins and sweat breaks out on my hands. Liam grabs me in time and guides me over to a chair. I sit down breathing heavily. Liam talks to the officers. I try to make out what they're saying but my brain just can't process it.

When the two policemen leave, Liam turns to me "You should call his parents."

I nod and with shaking hands take out my phone. I try to touch the screen but m fingures just wont do it.

Liam sighs and kneels in front of me. He gently takes the phone from the hands and after dialing the number hands it back to me. I put it up to my ear. Ruth picks it up on the third ring.

"Hello."

"Hi. It's me Hermione."

"Oh! You. Haven't you already ruined my son's life?" She asks rudely.

I start talking before my voice breaks. "I'm sorry! Your son's gone! Go to the hospital!"

I hang up.

I bury my face in Liam's neck and break down.

What do you think?

Read, Vote & Comment!

-Fangirl

P.S. Thank you if you took some time out to check out my other story.

If you haven't then please do. The name's Divergent High: The masquerade Ball :)