chapter 13

I'm talking to Ansel who's Liam's father. We're not the type to fuss over our kids. He excuses himself to go talk to his wife, Violetta. I check my phone for any recent calls or texts.When I look back up, I see Hermione talking to Liam. Shailene's walking towards Ruth.

I go after her. Before she reaches Ruth, Miles and George. I catch her by the wrist and pull her towards the back of the school building. We end up in the outdoor basketball. I sit down on the bleachers pulling Shai next to me. She sighs and puts her head on my shoulder. "Remember that time when Ruth and I were fighting over you?" Shailene asks, breaking the silence. I laugh and relpy "Yeah! Those were the days watching you get jealous whenever Ruth was around."

She playfully punches my arm. When I look at her I don't see the mother of a 17 year old but the young girl that I fell for. She notices me staring at her and raises her head so that her gaze meets mine.I slowly bring my lips to meet hers.

She puts her arms around my neck and gets into my lap, dropping the purse that she was holding. She playfully tugs at my hair and then pulls away for just a second before crushing her lips back on mine. We keep kissing until a bell goes off, bringing us back to reality.

Sharing this moment with Shai, brought back some really happy memories for me. But also what is made clear to me is the fact that why Liam fought George over Hermione.

I quiet clearly remember all those times when I saw other boys staring at Shailene. I barely was able to keep myself from picking a fight with them. "We're not going to talk about what happened between them." Shai says as if she read my mind.

She gets off my lap, picks up he purse from the ground and brushing it with her hand before slipping it onto her shoulder. I get up after her and  follow her to the parking the lot where........

Shoot! I completely forgot about Hermione. She's waiting by the side of Shai's car.

We walk up to her and apologize for leaving her alone. She offers to drive Shailene's car home while we take my car.

Neither Shai nor I go back to our offices. Like we agreed none of us brings up what happened at school. When it's time for bed, Shai wastes no time falling asleep. But I stay awake thinking of what I'll say to George the next time I see him

What do you guys think of the story so far?

Vote, Comment and Read!!!