chapter 49

~Hermione~

The nurse hands me my son. My little baby who'm I just gave birth to.

Liam bends down and kisses my forehead. I smile down at the sleepin baby in my arms. He's really cute. After a few more seconds the nurse takes him away to run tests on him to make sure that everything's alright.

I lean back against the back of the pillows piled against my back.

"That was something." Liam says and sits down on the edge of the bed.

I smile at him. "Yeah."

"You okay?" He asks, squeezing my hand.

"I'm fine. Well exept I feel really sore." I tell him.

A voice speaks up from behind us. "That'll take some time." It's the doctor. She tells me that I'll have to wait for five hours before I can take a shower and another two before I can eat anything solid. They move me to a private room and the baby is given back to us.

Once the five hours are up I go take a shower. I put on a clean pair of sweatpants and a tee-shirt. I dry my hair and pull it into a tight ponytail. Then I go back to the room.

Liam is bent over our son's cot. When I walk into the room he looks up and smiles at me. He beckons me to come to them. He puts an arms around my waist and pulls me into his side. I turn towards him and press my lips to his.

-Time Lapse-

I wake up to the sound of a knock on the door. I sit up and rub my eyes. I fell asleep after eating a sandwhich. My husband checks who it is.

He steps out of the room and closes the door behind him. I start to get off the bed but the door opens again and someone steps in.

It's not Liam.

"Mom!" I exclaim.

"Hey! Congradulations." She walks up to me and gives a hug.

"How did you find out?" I ask her.

"Liam called." She replies.

"I can't believe that I'm finally a mother." I say to no one in paticular.

"No! That's not important." She says at once.

This surprises me. "What do mean?"

"What's more important is that I'm a grandmother!" She tells me. I laugh with her. But we're cut off by the baby's crying.

I pick him up and mom and walks over to me. "Oh! He's so cute. You two did a really good job."

"Thanks." I hand him over to mom. At the very same moment the door opens and dad and Liam step in.

"Hey!" He says when he sees me. He puts his arms around me and hugs me.

When we pull away, mom says. "Can you believe that we're grandparents?"

He shakes his head and walks over to mom. Liam walks over to stand beside me. A nurse walks into the room and asks. "All set?"

"Yeah." I reply.

"We're ready to discharge you. All of your tests were positive and so were his." She says.

"Good. I'll go clear the paper work then." Liam says.

But I want to do something first. "You can go do that after one small thing."

"What?" He asks me.

I ignore his question and pull out my phone. It's the iPhone 6 that dad got me. I hand it to the nurse, saying. "Can you please take a picture?"

She holds up the phone, ready to take the picture. I lean in closer to mom who's still holding the baby. Dad is by mom's side and Liam by mine. It's the most perfect family that could've ever been taken.

We're A HAPPY FAMILY.

Shai and Theo are grandparents now. They'll be the coolest grandparents ever.

This is the second last chapter. I'll post the last chapter on Friday.

I screamed when I saw that this story had reached 15K reads. I'm so thankful for this!

I've changed the cover back to the old one as well :)

Read, Vote & Comment!

-Fangirl