chapter 10

~Shai~

I waited for Theo to come home last night but it got very late so I went to bed. Theo shakes me lightly. I only turn myself away from him and continue sleeping. I feel him kiss cheek, it tickles more than usual because I just woke up. So I giggle and kiss him. He pulls away and kisses my forehead, then reaches over to his nightstand.

I prop myself up on some pillows as he turns back towards me. Now he's holding a black velvet box. He hands it to me saying "Happy 18th anniversary. Can't believed you put up with me all these years!" I laugh and kiss him saying "Thank You!" I open the box to find a diamond necklace in there.

Tears brim my eyes and I'm right on the verge of crying, so I bury my face into his neck. He puts his arms around me and draws me to him. We stay like this until Hermione knocks on the door shouting "Mom!Dad! Hurry up or you're going to be late!" I pull myself away from Theo and take a shower. I put on my white cardigan over my yellow dress and wear the necklace too. I go down to Hermione and help her make breakfast. Theo comes down and once sits down, he says "I need to tell you guys something."

I say "Talk." He starts by telling us about how he sent George a message from Hermione's phone and then one from his own. After that his encounter with Liam.

I can clearly tell from Hermione's face that she's as shocked as I am about this. She quietly says "Dad I'm not a little girl anymore, I can figure things out on my own now." With this she gets up and leaves. Slamming the front door behind her.

I sit next to Theo and hug him. When I pull away I say "You did what you thought was right. Just make sure you don't cross any limits today, okay?" With this we both go to our jobs. Then I realise that this anniversary would be different from the ones we had had before.