chapter 44

~Theo~

Hermione and I waiting for Shailene to come down. We already put all her things in my car. The sound of her feet announce that she's coming down.

"I'm really sorry that I can't go to the airport with you." She tells Hermione as they hug. As my girls hug.

"It's alright mom." She replies in her shoulder.

"I tried to get out of the meeting but Ellie wouldn't let me." They pull away and I clear my throat.

"Right. I completely forgot you were there." Shailene says rolling her eyes. This makes us all laugh. The last laugh we'll have as a family. After a few more minutes of mother-daughter conversation, I say.

"I think we should get going."

"Yeah. Me too." Shailene agrees.

We all go out together and while I start the car, they say their goodbyes. I watch from the back view mirror. By the time they're done, both of them have tears in their eyes. Hermione watches her drive off and then gets in beside me. She wipes away some tears fom her eyes and I start to drive.

We drive in silence till I ask her. "Are you excited? Scared?"

"Both, I guess." She replies.

I park in the parking lot of the ariport and open the boot of the car while Herm goes off to get a luggage cart. When she comes back, in silence we put the suitcases onto it. I push it for her so that she just as to carry her carry on.

When we reach the gate, I stop and she does too. Without saying a word, I sweep her into a hug. I want to keep her close to me for as long as I can.

"I'm going to miss you dad." She mumbles this but I can feel her sobbing into my shirt. I hug her closer and kisser her head.

She pulls away and her face is streaming with tears. I reach out and wipe them away.

"No matter how far you go from your parents, you'll always be their princess." This makes her smiles and her smile makes me happy too.

"But that's the old way of saying it. I should've said that 'I'll be a phone call away' or 'we can always Skype.'" This makes her laugh and little and my smile broadens. I puts her arms around me and rests her head on my chest as if she doesn't want to let go.

But soon she has to when a voice from behind me speaks up. "Hey guys!"

We turn around to see that it's Ansel with Liam. They both are on the same flight. At the same time the announcement is made that their flight has started boarding.

I hug Hermione one last time and then let go of her.

She leads the way and Liam follows her. She's gone for now. Away. Far away.

Read, Vote & Comment! PLZZZZZ COMMENT!!!! Please do tell me what you think of this story.

-Fangirl