chapter 30

~Liam~

I drive out of the parking lot and stop the car after a few minutes. I sigh and lean back against my seat. I may not be an expert on girls but one thing I know for sure and that is that Hermione did develop something for George over this time. Now he's gone.

I close my eyes and picture the first time I saw Hermione.

~flashback~

"Hey!" George says slapping my shoulder. We're in the gym for last period which is PE.

"Nothing. I just want to play basketball." I reply laughing.

Coach's voice makes our attention turn to him at once.

"Alright everyone! We're going to split into four teams!" He screams.

We are reply in unison. "Yes coach!"

"Coach we're one player short." Augustus says as I bend down to tie my shoe lace.

"Sorry Coach I'm late. Miss Minchin kept be back for an assignment of mine." A voice from behind me says.

"I don't want this to happen again, Miss James!" Coach snaps in reply.

"Yes coach." The voice replies.

I straighten up to see a girl walk past me. Her back is to me.

Coach pairs us up. "George's team vs Augustus's team and the other two against each other."

My feet at once start walking towards the outdoor basketball courts. We start playing. George passes the ball to me and I throw it towards the basket meaning to get it in. But the girl who was late jumps in front and neatly scoops the ball out of the air. She passes the ball to Augustus and in another matter of seconds they score.

"Well done Hermione!" Screams Hazel from the stands. She can't play because of her lungs.

"Thanks!" Hermione shouts back.

When the bell rings meaning that school is over. She walks over to Hazel, her ponytail swinging. When she sits down and I get to see her face properly. I realize that I never noticed her before. And now that I have, the way I feel for her is different from the way I feel for everyone else.

Before I can peel my eyes away from her face. She looks up and sees me staring. I look away and she does too.

~flashback ends~

That was the first time we noticed each other and knew at once that we were meant to be together. I smile at the memory and open my eyes. I start driving back home with one thought in my mind.

I had to keep Hermione happy no matter what.

Hi!

I'm so sorry that I didn't update for 10 days. I really wanted to but Wattpad wouldn't let me. I don't know why.

I'm going to try my best to update tomorrow as well. If not tomorrow then the day after.

I never got to wish you guys a MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Hope you guys got lots and lots of gifts :)

It's just 100 more reads before this story reaches 10k! Yaay! Thank You so much guys! I love you for this :)

Read, Vote & Comment!

If you haven't read my other fanfic then please go read it! It's called Divergent High: The Masquearade Ball. It's only five chapters.

-Fangirl