chapter 17

~Hermione~

Today I don't wake up to my alarm but a message's arrival notification. I prop myself up on my elbow and grab my phone from the nightstand. The says 10:30. But it's a Saturday who cares? I check the message and it's from Liam. It says:

Happy Birthday to the most beautiful girl in the world. Have a great day and tell me what you think of my present.

Then there's a picture from our first date. This makes me smile. I take a shower and go downstairs. Mom and dad are already up. When they see me come down they both scream "Happy 18th birthday!" I throw myself into mom's open arm and give her a hug. Then I do the same for dad.

When I look over at the kitchen counter, I don't see any breakfast but a huge tub of Snickers ice-cream "I clap my hands in joy and scoop up a big spoonful into my mouth saying "Mmmmmmm!" It's just so long since I had any ice-cream. Then mom pipes in "Oh! Sweetheart time to open your presents!" She nods towards a pile on the living room table. I sit down next to mom and dad sits opposite to us working on his laptop.

The first present is from dad. It's not that heavy but still for a small present it is. I remove the wrapping paper and my eyes nearly pop out of my head. It's an iphone 6. I look over at dad and say "Thank You so much dad!" He smiles back at me in reply.

The next present I get hold of is from Liam. It's a small square box. I open it to find a white prom corsage. I hear mom gasp and say "Oh! That is so sweet!" I smile at it. Then after that there are two dresses from grandma. A picture of me and Hazel cheering at a basketball game from, from Hazel.

At the end there is only one present left which is most probably from mom. I remove the paper to find a black velvet box inside. I gasp when I see its contents. It's a red ruby necklace with matching earings. I look over at mom with my mouth open. She says "I didn't buy it. It was Theo's mother's. She gave it to me on our wedding. It matched your prom dress so now it's yours." Tears fill my eyes and I'm lost for words. So, I just hug her to show my gratitude.

The door bell rings and dad gets up to answer it. He returns with the post. He hands me an envelope. it's from Hazel, I tear it open and find an invitation, saying:

                                                             PARTY!!!

Venue: My house.

Time: 8.00 p.m. (tonight)

Promised to have an awesome D.J. and lots of food!

"Hazel's throwing a party tonight. Can I go?" I say or well ask.

Dad says "Of course........"

But mom cuts in saying, "But you know the rules. No drinking and avoiding beds."

 "Mom I remember! Now can I go?"

"Sure." she relpies.

Around 6 o'clock I go to my room to get ready. I pick a white silk top with black tights. Once I'm dressed I put on light make up and curl my hair from the tips. I make my way downstairs, get the keys to mom's car and drive to Hazel's house.

When I park outside her house. There are already a lot of cars there although it's only 8.15 yet. I make my way to Hazel's backyard. Which has a huge pool and a big patio. Hazel meets me at the enterance. She thorws her arms around me screaming "Happy Birthday!" Before I can reply she sees someone else arrive and goes to greet them. I look around and then find him. He's standing near the punch table. His hands casually shoved in his pockets talking to Augustus.

I walk over to them and throw my arms around his neck saying "Thank You so much for the corsage!"

"I'm glad you liked it." He says pushing my hair back from my face. I slowly kiss him and steadily deepens the kiss. I hear someone say my name in a microphone. I turn away from Liam towards a little platform near the edge of the pool.

Hazel is there once she sees that she's gotten my attention, she yells in the mic "Everyone shout out to best friend,  Hermione James because it's her 18th birthday!" To this everyone around me cheers. I smile and then the music starts playing. People walk towards the dance floor and start dancing.

I stand there talking to Liam through the first song. Then five more until 'Dynamite' comes up. At this I smile broadly and let Liam pull me towards the dance floor. In no time we start swinging to the beat. But before we even get fully into the mood the song ends and 'Break the Rules' by Charli xcx starts playing. We keep dancing through the song and two more.

When the fourth song ends I lean in and kiss him. He leans in as well. When we pull away everyone is dancing to 'Live While We're Young' by One Direction. Everytime this lyric comes up everyone sings together "Tonight let's get some and live while we're young!"

Just as I'm getting ready to leave, George comes upto us. Liam is right next to me so I put a hand on his arm. From the way George is walking he's clearly drunk. Before anyone can do anything he take my face and kisses me. I break away and push him into the pool. While everyone is still stunned I run away aware of Liam calling me. I drive back home, tears streaming down my face.

He did again. But this time in front of my boyfriend!

This is the longest chapter I've written so far. Enjoy!

read, vote & plzzzzzz comment!

-Fangirl

P.S. if there are any mistakes please don't mind them.