chapter 36

~Shailene~

"Tell her what?" I ask Theo as soon as gets in the car.

"Nothing." He says without looking at me.

"Really?" I ask. Hermione pretends to be doind something on her phone, when I know that she wants the answer as well.

"Can we please have this conversation sometime else?" He pleads.

"No! I need answers! Now!" I scream.

"Fine. Then here's the answer. Miles was cheating on Ruth." He replies his eyes fixed on the road. My eyes are wide open and so is my mouth but a little gasp escapes Herm's mouth.

Theo stops the car and looks at the two of us and says. "This is why I didn't want to tell you two."

"But how? He has two sons-" I start saying but Hermione cuts in by saying. "One son, mom." I nod in agreement and continue. "One son and a wife! What else does he want?!" I scream.

Theo shrugs and starts driving again.

When we're getting out of the car a thought hits me and I blurt out. "Is she pretty?" I want to kill myself for asking this.

But Theo answers casually. "No. Not really. She's really ugly actually. Blonde and too ugly that words can't describe it."

I smile at this and so does Hermione. Seeing her smile makes me feel even more better. I know that she's trying her level best to move on and forget what happened.

Hermione goes up to her room to get changed leaving Theo and I alone.

"Do you think he'll tell her?" I ask him.

"I don't know." He replies sitting down on the arm of a couch and pulls me so that I'm standing in front of him. I lean down to give him a peck on the lips.

"Can I I ask you something?" He asks touching his forehead to mine.

"Yeah. Go ahead." I say, my eyes closed.

"If he doesn't tell her, should I?" He asks.

I think it over for a few seconds and then reply. "Yeah You should. I mean there's no reason that you shouldn't. You're going to be doing her a favour. Just as a friend." He nods in agreement.

We fall silent. The silence is broken when Hermione screams down the stairs. "I'm going to bed!"

I look at my watch which reads 7.30. "Alright! Goodnight!" I call back. After a few seconds I hear her door close.

"Do you want coffee?" I ask Theo who's sprawled on the couch his eyes closed. He shakes his head to say "no." I make myself a mug and then sit down on a stool to drink it. I open my laptop to find 10 emails pending. Two of them were from my head, Ellie asking about my absence. I quickly type in a reply and send it to all of them.

Just as I shut the laptop, Theo strolls in and sits down opposite to me. I put both my hands around the coffee mug and looking at it ask him.

"Do you think Hermione developed feelings for George?"

"I don't know. No one can ever be sure. Well at least not till you ask her." We go back to sitting in silence but then another question comes up in my mind.

"What do you think will happen once Ruth finds out that Miles cheated on her?" I ask her.

From here onwards the next few chapters are going to be a long event broken into parts.

Read, Vote & Comment!

Thanks for the 11.4k reads :)

-Fangirl