chapter 41

~Hermione~

It's been two days since my graduation. I've been trying to decide on a college. Both have their pros and cons.

I think over things as I change into a navy blue sweater and white pants. I pull my hair back into a sleek ponytail. I go downstairs to wait for mum and dad to get back from work. Mom is the first one to get back. She walks in with a grocery bag in each hand.

"Why are you all dressed up?" She asks me, setting the bags down on the kitchen counter.

"I'm going out with Liam." I reply.

"Do you need my car?" She offers.

"Thanks but no. He's going to pick me up." I tell her. I help mom to put away the groceries and by the time we finish dad gets back too.

"Wow! You look pretty." He says as he engulfs me in a hug.

"Thanks." I reply.

At the same time the door bell rings meaning that Liam's here. I says goodbye and go out after shrugging on my coat.

Liam's waiting by the car and when he sees me come out, he looks up and smiles at me. I walk up to him and peck him lightly on the lips and then get into the car. He gets in too and then drives off.

"Where're we going?" I ask him.

"It's a surprise." He tells me.

"A surprise?" I ask again.

"Yeah." He replies. Wirh this we go back to sitting in silence.

Some time later he pulls the car into a drive thru. I raise an eyebrow at him and ask. "Seriously, McDonald's?"

"Why? Is something wrong? We can always get something else." He offers, looking at me.

"No. It's just that I wasn't expecting this." I explain.

He gives a small laugh and says. "Told you that it would be a surprise."

I smile at his childishness as the car in front of us starts to move. There is only one car in front of us. Then it will be our turn.

"What do you want?" He asks me.

"Get two of whatever you're going to get." I tell him.

He thinks for a second and then suggests. "How about a MacArabia?"

"Yeah. That's good."

When it's his turn he orders and then we drive to the next window to pick up the order. Once we have everything, he drives to the nearest park and parks in the parking lot.

"I don't think I want to go out there. It's too cold." I tell him.

"That's okay." He replies.

He lets the engine idle, we start eating and talk at the same time. After some time he brings up the topic which I was expecting that he would.

"Have you decided on a college as yet?" I sigh and shake my head.

After some time I ask him. "Have you?"

"I'm not sure but I think so." He replies.

"Which one?" I ask him as I chew on a chip.

"I go accepted at Oxford but I think that I'll get to polish my writing skills better at Harvard." This clicks something inside me. He continues. "Plus, I have enough savings to pay for college."

"I want to study Philosophy. I don't know why but it fascinates me. Maybe it's in my blood or if not then there's something wrong with my brain." I tell him.

He comes to my defense by saying. "There is nothing wrong with your brain."

We sit there for another half hour and then drive back home. When he stops the car outside my house, I burt out something that I had been holding back the whole time.

"I'm going to Harvard too."

"Really?" He asks surprised.

"Yeah." I assure him.

A smile spreads across his face. I unbuckle my seat belt and open the door to get out. But Liam stops me. "Herm?"

I turn back to find his face right next to mine. Before I can say anything, he presses his lips to mine. Without pulling away I close the door and lean in towards him. When I pull away he does let me go far.

He touches his forehead to mine and whispers. "What would I do without you?"

So, this chapter was about Hermione choosing her college.

I do not like Philosophy. It just seems to be a really boring subject and you just have to think and think and think.

And as for the MacArabia. I wonder how many of you have tried it but I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!! It's what I always get. You should try it.

I've started reading the Scorch Trials. If any of you have already read it then DON'T YOU DARE RUIN IT FOR ME!!!

And well that's it for now :)

-Fangirl