chapter 33

~Theo~

I have no idea what's been going on with Shailene. One minute she's perfectly alright and the next angry like a bull. So much has happened in the last couple of days.

Ahead of me Shai pulls into the driveway and I follow. I cut the engine and get out to hear Shai saying. "Hurry okay?"

"I'll just take a couple of minutes." Hermione replies running in.

"Few minutes to what?" I ask her.

She gives me no response and walks past me into the house. I try to keep my anger under control by tellng myself. She's human. She has certain limits. She has gone through a lot. She's seen her daughter go through a lot.

I go in to find the kitchen and living room empty. I slowly make my way upstairs. Just as I'm passing by Hermione's door, the door opens and she jumps at the sight of me there.

"Dad, you scared me." She says brething heavily.

"Sorry. Wrong timing." I say waking towards my bedroom.

"Yeah." With this she runs down the stairs.

I open the bedroom door to find Shai sprawled on the bed, her eyes closed and breathing even. Indicating that she's asleep. I tip top to the bathrrom door and go in, closing it softly behind me.

I shrug out of my clothes and get into the shower. The warm water helps me realx and forget some of the worries of my life, for a few minutes. I put on a pair of jeans and a blue polo. When I come out Shai's still sleeping peacefully.

I sit down on the edge of the bed and take her hand. I can't resist the urge and kiss her lightly on the forehead.  When my lips touch her skin she speaks up. "This doesn't seem real to me."

I'm taken back by this and manage to ask. "Why?"

She pushes herself into a sitting position. Her back resting against the head board. This way her eyes are the same level as mine.

She holds my gaze before replying. "Because of what I saw last night and before leaving the hospital as well."

"Huh? What does that--" I start asking but she cuts in by saying. "That means that whatever you and Ruth had isn't over!"

"Shai. What makes you think that?" I ask confused.

"Last night I saw the way you help her while she cried! The way you held her close to yourself! As if she'll run away or something!" Her voice breaks as she says this and she starts crying.

I have no idea what she means by this but I love more than the whole world and this makes my heart ache.

I reach a hand out to comfort her but she scoots away from me. I let my hand fall between us.

"That was nothing." I tell her.

"Nothing?" She asks wiping a tear away. I simply nod.

"Fine. The hugging was nothing! But she kissed you! What was I supposed to make out of it?" She asks raising her shoulders too.

"Look Miles wasn't there. She was all by herself. She had just heard the news and no one was there to comfort her! That's all." I try to explain to her.

"That's all, huh?" She asks. "Yes!" I exclaim.

"Well you're wrong." She says getting up from the bed and walking towards the bathroom door.

"Now you owe me an explanation!" I shout after her.

"The explanation is that fine! She might have needed someone to console her last night but today Miles was there and still you hugged her back and let her kiss you!" She says.

"That was just a friendly gesture." I reply my voice rising.

"Oh really?" She says her voice rising too.

This makes me loose the control I had over my anger.

"Shailene now you're being stupid!" I shout.

"Of course. That's all I've ever was for Ruth and now for you too." She says this softly and then goes into the bathroom locking the door behind her.

Sheo drama. A "Happy" Family.

What do you think? Do you want them to be happy or fight?

The way Hermione was startled I was too last night.

My younger sister wouldn't leave my bedroom. So, I told her that there was NO monster out there and this scared her even more. I walked to the bedroom door to push her out and just then dad came up to see what the commotion was about. When he appeared out of nowhere we both screamed and woke my brother and mom. It was really funny at the end.

Sorry about me rambling.

Read, Vote & Comment!

-Fangirl

P.S. Thanks to @beccal1980 for commenting. Thanks a lot! :)