chapter 3

~Shai~

I did tell Theo that it was normal for Ruth to ask us out to dinner but i still can't shake off this uneasy feeling that this one dinner has a bigger purpose. But I just can't put my fingre on it. Once my shift is over I drive back home. I stop at a traffic light, my phone buzzes.

It's a message from Herm saying that she's out to dinner with Liam, Hazel and a boy named Augustus. When I get home, I start preparing dinner. I pop two steaks and some potatoes in the oven. Then I go to get changed and take shower.

When I come back downstairs, Theo is there sitting on the couch watching television. I sneak up behind him and hug his waist. "Hey" he quielty sayd, pulling me around and kissing my forehead. I touch my forehead to his. Just then the oven bell goes off, so I have to pull away.

We get the food onto plates and take it to the dinning table. We sit next to each other and start eating silently. He's the first one to break it by saying "Where should we tell Ruth that we want to have dinner?" Umm, we could go to McDonald's for all I care about." I say laughing. "But we could also to to Oranjee". I suggest. Yeah! That's great great. I'll call Ruth and let her know."

My face must have given away the fact about how I felt about him calling Ruth. He pulls me close to him and kisses my forehead. I heave a sigh of relief and pull away. We are done with eating. So we wash the dishes and put them away. I try calling Hermione but she doesn't pick up, so we decide to watch a movie to pass the time waiting for her to get back. We pick Titanic.

By the time Hermione comes home, I'm a wreck from all the crying. As I wipe the tears and at the same time Theo pulls away his arm from around my shoulders. She walks in looking more happier than she has in a long time. Despite my surprise I don't ask any questions. We all go to bed and the last thing I remember before falling asleep are Theo's strong arms holding me.