XXXVIII ♦️

Sadly after our two incredible days spent in the city, it was over just as fast as it began and it's now already new year's eve, which means I need to start getting ready for work two hours earlier than usual as the casino always throws the most e...

Sadly after our two incredible days spent in the city, it was over just as fast as it began and it's now already new year's eve, which means I need to start getting ready for work two hours earlier than usual as the casino always throws the most extravagant party for new year, which of course I have to host.

Whilst shopping with Jimin, I convinced the saleswoman to give him his credit card back and tell him that I would like to buy my own dress and shoes. I Understand that most women out there wouldn't think twice about letting their millionaire boyfriend buy them a gift or two, but for me it's not so much about me trying to be independent, it's just that I work hard for my money and I like to spend it on myself and others rather than looking for a handout.

But sadly this time as we were settling the bill, I found myself in my second headlock of the weekend whilst Jimin fought with me, throwing all of his credit cards across the counter at the poor sales woman as she just looked on in amazement.

Jimin bought my dress in the end...

I must admit I am a little nervous for him seeing me in the dress, he only caught a glimpse of it as the sales woman was boxing it up so he knows that it's black but he doesn't know how it looks on me. Of course he sees me in formalwear whilst I'm working, but this is formal formal if you know what I mean.

Jimin will be catching a limo with the guys whilst I just take an Uber. I would love to join them in the big fancy limo but I can't run the risk of people seeing me arriving with them, so I'll just have to settle with riding solo.

Well actually, not solo. Sarah and Haven have decided to come to the party tonight so I'll be riding with them.

"Y/N?" I hear a voice call as I yell back telling them I'm in my room, both of them bursting through my bedroom door with a bottle of champagne in each of their hands making me breathe out a laugh.

"Oh my god Y/N!" Sarah gasps as she spots me sitting at my vanity, my floor length black gown flowing behind me as I fix my makeup. "That dress is incredible!"

"And it looks incredibly expensive." Haven adds, flinching slightly as she pops the cork on her bottle of champagne. "Where did you get something like that?"

"New York." I smirk as they simultaneously rest their hands on their hips.

"Ah yes." Sarah nods. "Whilst I was busy pushing a watermelon out of my peach, you were living the highlife with Prince Charming. How's that going by the way?"

"Fast." I breathe out. "I know I gave you guys all the details already, but do you think I may be letting myself get in too deep too fast?"