44:CONFESSIONS

JESSICA

"Exactly two months ago when I first saw you in Marcussè and thought you were Marcus' pet,all I ever wanted to do was to kill you because I thought you had heard the conversation between me and Zach. If it ever reached Victor nor Marcus' ears that I had fed from more than three of Marcus' people,I would meet my maker before I even got the chance to take my revenge on Victor,I couldn't risk that so I started doing a little research on you. That's how i know some things about you. I'd always stalk you. Always looking at you from your window,I know you never noticed. It infuriated me so much that you never left Marcus or Liam's side but one day when I saw you going out for a jog,I had no doubt I had gotten you. It was my perfect chance to get rid of the human girl that stood between me and my plans and to finally drink her blood that made my throat burn so much."

There was nothing shocking in his statement. I had always known he wanted to kill me but I can't deny that it kind of hurt a little to hear him admit it so openly and truthfully,nonetheless,I swallowed up whatever anger that was starting to pile up within me.

"When I learnt that you were in Adobe, I thought of the worst. I wanted to expose you so I could protect my secret but I decided not to when I found out that you were lying to my family,I knew you were up to something and if you were Victor's enemy,you could be my ally. I thought I would use your anger towards Victor to my advantage and then get rid of you when I was done,you already know that because I never kept it a secret. As time passed on and I started spending some time around you,I realized you weren't as hardcore as you pretend to be,I began to like that sweet innocent girl inside you so much that I felt bad for helping her kill Victor. Unlike me,there is still hope for you,you can still bring that girl back to life,"

"Daniel-"

"Just let me finish,please."

I nodded.

"I wanted to get you away from Victor,from my family because it was only a matter of time before he hurt you. He wouldn't kill you but you'd end up exactly like him,like us. I will kill Victor myself,I don't want you involved in any of this anymore."

"How many times must I tell you that I don't need your help? When will you get that I'm not as fragile as you paint me out to be? I don't want to be that girl anymore,she's the reason why my parents are dead now. She's the reason why I'm here today,she is responsible for all of this!"I fumed with my tears brimming with tears.

"I don't want her anymore. She's done enough damage. Why are you so obsessed with her,why are you so desperate to bring her back?" It wasn't the first time he had brought this up and I had had enough.

"Because I want to help you,Jessica,"

"Help me? You wanna help me?"I threw back my head in laughter. It hurt so much because it wasn't entirely true that I wasn't as tough as I pretended to be. I was aware of the change in me. I was aware of the thing I was becoming. Sometimes it hurt to even look at the mirror. It was hard to look at my reflection without seeing it dissolve into Victor. Tell me,how did I beat my enemy without becoming like him?How did I fight a monster without becoming one myself?

"Well,you can't,you can't help me. It's already too late because I've grown to love this new Jessica or should I say,America?"I said as I furiously wiped tears off my eyes.

"But why?"he asked.

"Because she's everything I've ever dreamt of. She's confident,she's fire,she's strong.She cries less. Her heart aches less.Jessica is broken, being her makes me feel pity for myself. America is perfect. "I told him.

"Stop lying to yourself, Jessica. Jessica is a hurricane,America isn't even a drizzle. Jessica sees the good in everyone,even in me.
I never said she's fragile,she's the strongest person I know. The world doesn't you to be perfect,it just needs you to open up,be the real you."

He walked up to me and put his finger under my chin to make me look at him.

"Show me your scars,Jessica because they're the ones that made me fall in love with you,"he said as he looked into my eyes,confusing my anger for a moment. His eyes had that calming effect. My whole body tensed.

"Come back please,if not for yourself,do it for the world. It needs more people like you. Do you think you can do that?"

I hated how I felt as if I was as a melted ice cream when he kissed my knuckles softly.

"I'll think about it," I said,trying to keep a straight face.

"Okay,no pressure." He told me as his eyes moved to my lips,lingering there for a little while.

"Kiss me,"I whispered.

"What?"

"Please,"I sounded like a thirsty h*e but I didn't care.

"Are you sure?"

Growing impatient,I smashed my lips against his,battling to uncover and reach the heat of passion beneath.

"Whoa,whoa,wait,"he said in a hoarse voice as he pulled out.

"Before we do this,I need to tell you something"

"Okay,go ahead."

"A minute next to you,without touching you or telling you how much I love you is torture.
So to answer your question,I really don't know what I want from you. I don't know whether I want you to tell me you feel the same or I want you to reject me. I do think the latter would be best for the both of us,though."

"It sounds like it's you who's rejecting me right now. I'm also madly in love with you,Daniel." I said honestly.

"I want you to know everything about me so you know what you're getting yourself into."

"I know a lot about you,"I said.

"Jessica,there will be a blood moon soon. I need you to know that the effect it has on me may be traumatizing to you.During the blood moon,my desire to kill and destroy and for human blood is fully awaken. That is when the vampire in me is most alive,I need you to walk away while you still can because I might kill you"he told me.

"Wow,that doesn't scare me,I know you won't kill me?"

"You do,why?"

"You know. I have faith in your heart."

"You don't get it,Jessica. This is more serious than you think. If I crave your blood now and fight this hard to keep from drinking from you,it will be worse during the blood moon." He warned me.

"Oh,Daniel. Stop talking so much. I want this. I love you and you love me,what's the problem? If it really is love,it'll either kill us both or make us fight for each other but never break us apart,"I said.

"Listen to you,you sound so perfect. I'm starting to like romance." He laughed and I joined in too as I hugged him.

It felt so right being in his arms,like home. I wanted this moment to last forever and I finally understood what Darcy meant when he said,"I never wish to be parted from you from this day on"

"I love you,"I craned my neck so I could see his face.

"You do?"he smirked,"say that again."

"Yes" I said as I giggled.

"I love you,"he said before claiming my lips.

"You could've told me you no longer needed my help,"I heard Liam's voice behind me.

_

This is dramatic🤣. I couldn't help myself.

Thanks for reading.

PLEASE VOTE

Love you

Ndindi