55:THE TYRANT

DANIEL

At this point in life,I longed to have a father. I needed him when I felt lost,when I felt like I was not only losing myself but her too. My only shot at happiness and peace was slipping right through my fingers.

I smiled when I found out she had had a piece of my lasagna,I knew she would never give up food,no matter how angry she was.

I decided to give Camberley the rest since I knew about the wolf's crazy appetite.

"Here,"I pushed the plate to her.

"Thank you."she said as she dug in. It wasn't such a pleasing sight. Not that I blamed her. It had been days.

"Tell me everything about your ties with Victor."

"And you might want to think long and hard before you answer because I don't like liars."I added when she seemed to be calculating something in her head.

"I have no business with Victor." She said. I quirked my eyebrow at her answer.

"You don't? Then,you wouldn't have a problem if I had any with your daughter." I said with a smirk.

"Lisa,22 years old. Political science student at Camberley university. Likes to stroll around the beach,usually between five and six PM-"

"Fine. I'll tell you." I half smiled when she finally seemed to cooperate.

"I mean it when I say I have no business with Victor,Jason-Jess's brother does."

"Go on."

I was shocked to find out the very same person Jessica worshipped had betrayed her like this.

"Does she know?"I asked.

"Before you captured me,she didn't. I don't know about now." Camberley shrugged.

It had been two days since she left. The possibility of her knowing by now was slight.

"And Liam?do you think he knows?"

"Jason doesn't share with me much but I do know he can't wait to snatch the throne from Liam, should Marcus die."

"Even if she knew,she'd still go after Victor. She's spent half of her life preparing herself for this moment,it has become part of her. She won't let it go just like that."she told me.

Damnit,this is exactly why I had brought her here with me. It was hard for me to protect her when I was this far away from her.

I stormed out of the room,anger coursing through me.

"Tell me you have something,Andrea" I answered the call I had been anxiously waiting for.

"It's not looking good,sir. She's in a cab to Adobe." I heard him say.

"Okay,good job,keep following her."I said to him.

I pinched the bridge of my nose as I began to weigh my options. Well,I had only one option and as much as it irked me that it was him,there was nothing I could do.

"Hello,"Christy,instead of Zach answered the phone.

"Give him his phone,"I said,not too focused on what she was possibly doing with Zach. My only priority was Jessica.

"Hey,"I heard his voice after a few seconds.

"Where are you?"I asked as I grabbed my jacket and climbing up the stairs that led outside.

"My house,why?"

"Pay our brothers a visit. I want you to convince them to keep the newborns locked in tonight." I couldn't risk any of them finding her. She really shouldn't be wondering around at a time like this.