29:GUARDED

JESSICA

A glass was shattered against the wall and I heard him groan in pain as I passed his room. Shit!i should've came up twenty three minutes ago.
Despite the nagging fear,I pushed the door open and blood greeted me.

There was blood splashed everywhere and for a moment, I thought it was from the glass he was drinking from but it was his own blood. I panicked as the concentrated red fluid fell off his fingernails and rained upon the innocent white carpet. So much blood,"what the hell is wrong with you!do you want to die,"I found myself shouting at him.

Suddenly,the sight, just as I had feared found its way to pierce my memory. I saw her again. Her dress. I felt anger rapidly growing inside me. He didn't deserve to bleed just as he didn't deserve the heart inside him. I wished it were that easy to remember though.

"Fuck!,"Daniel cursed as he observed his bloodied hand. His nose flared and eyes became intense,he looked like a mad man,as if his own blood was driving him crazy. He wasn't thinking of drinking from himself, was he?

"Do you need anything,"i wondered whether his past haunted him,after seeing those pictures,something in me somehow felt sad for him. He seemed to be in so much pain and I would've,if he was normal,walked over to tell him all wond be okay but he was crazy and he would kill me.

"Yeah,"he snapped his head in my direction,"get out,"he said through gritted teeth and turned to his window.

I rolled my eyes and took steps foward,intending to clean his mess.

"Leave it,"he said in a low,husky voice which I would find intimidating on normal days.

"Will you clean it? Do you want Victor to fire me?"

"Are you ever going to tell me what he did to you?"he asked.

"Are you?"I raised my eyes to meet his confused ones.

I could see him part his lips to say something but he didn't. He kept his answer to himself but it was no trouble, I already had a clue.

I continued to pick up the broken pieces. He had also broken his wall mirror and a vase. Even though it was broken,it was the only beautiful thing amongst the meretricious ornamentation in this house.

I could fix it. I tried not to get emotional but so much had been happening in such a short period of time. I hadn't been giving myself time to think things through lately. Everything was just in a rush.

Wasn't I the one desperately singing day and night about making them pay?something was wrong with me. Something vital in me was missing.

The cracks in my chest expanded with each breath I took but I believed what was broken could be made whole again. I could mend this broken vase just as Revenge could fill these cracks.

I gritted my teeth as I angrily tried to put the pieces together,I would remember a glue if I was sent to the shops again. I felt a sharp piece dig into my flesh. I hissed in pain.

"Shit,what the fuck Jess?"

Dani scolded and before I could resist,he had already crouched beside me and taken my hand in his.

I noticed his fingers were no longer bloody,not even a sign that he had bled showed on his skin. Bloody vampire.

"No,don't,"I protested, pulling my hand out of his but vainly.

"I won't hurt you,Jessica,"he said,seeing my discomfort. He tried to assure me but it was clear he needed it more than I did.

"Don't you see it in my eyes?I've just fed."