49:RAVAGES

JESSICA

"You don't look so pleased to see me here,"He said to Liam who continued to look into my eyes,searching for that pond of calmness. Well,it had dried out.

"You have some nerve,Marcus,how dare you show up here after all that you've done?" I finally lost it.

"Oh,Jessica. Didn't recognize you at first there,Adobe has really changed you,"he laughed.

"You wish. You are one nefarious creature,Marcus. How could you do this to me? My parents lie in hades because of you. You betrayed me! You son of Judas!" I screamed as I charged towards him.

Liam held me back with my legs kicking. I longed to be liberated so I could beat the evil out of him.

"Jess,let it go,he's not worth it."Liam tried to calm me down.

"No I won't until he gets out of here!"

"You have no right to want me out of here,you're a homeless cheap Jack,remember?" He chuckled.

"What did you call me?"

"Oh,children," he rolled his eyes,walking past us and into the house.He hadn't changed at all,still that contemptible bastard.

"You're not gonna do anything?" I looked at him,mystified.

He sighed in defeat.

"Oh my God,Liam. Did you invite him here?" I asked him.

"No,of course not! But I can't kick him out either. He never comes here,Jess. He must have a reason. I'm pleading with you to please just try to calm down,even if it's for ten minutes."

DANIEL

"I always knew you would betray us someday,brother. I always knew you were a traitor but father never believed me." Victor's voice rang in my head as I walked out of the pub. Didn't it suck to be me? I had no car and I was a little too proud to let Zach drive me.

"If you only had kept it in your pants and refused to be tempted by that woman,"Victor shook his head as he rebuked my father.

"Victor, I'm still your blood. Don't do it." His pleadings still pierced my ears.

"Believe me dear brother,I don't want to do it but you've committed a crime and you shouldn't be left unpunished. As the king,what message would I be sending to my people if I left you unpunished?"

"King?" My dad laughed,"don't be ridiculous, you know that's not true."

"What's the truth then? If that throne was meant for you,don't you think father would've let you know before he died?"

"Well,he did and you know it!" My dad said.

"How dare you call me a liar? You should be grateful I even consider you a brother. You are nothing to me and you shouldn't be carrying the Adobe name. You are a disgrace and for that,I will make sure no one knows of your existence. It is my job to protect and honor my father's legacy,including his name!"

"Victor,just stop! You can have the throne but please just don't kill me,think of my son."

"Don't worry about little Dani,I'll take care of him,raise him as my own for none of this is his fault. As for you,I'm going to make sure you meet your maker today." The crowd cheered as Victor said proudly.

All this,I heard and watched while crying. Oh,poor little Daniel.

"Papa"I whispered as my six year old brain tried to figure out the meaning behind uncle Vic's words.

For the first time in my life,I saw my father cry.

"Papa?" I looked at him for confirmation.

"I'm sorry,Forgive me," he said.

"Look at this. Maybe you should also tell him goodbye, brother." Victor laughed as the crowd lit up fires.

"I'm really sorry,son. Remember,you are powerful my son,you're a leader and not a follower and most importantly, open up to the world,it needs you. Your mom and I love you very much."

After that,his head fell at my feet.

I hadn't even realized I had tears in my eyes until I saw blurred lights approaching. Good,I was in the middle of the road. I waited patiently for the car to blow the life out of me which would only be for a minute because of my rapid healing ability. But I wanted to escape it.

"Hey! Are you mad? Get in." Gina's car hooted before me.

"Another time, I guess," I said to the quiet night sky.

_

Are you okay? You can always text me❤

Don't forget to VOTE

Love,
Ndindi