10. snake necklace

You both enter Draco's room laughing because you're soaked from the rain. He shakes his head getting water all over you. You shake your head back soaking him. He smiles and moves the strands of hair that stuck to your face out of the way. You smile and plant a kiss on his lips.

You: What was that heart box that you had?
Draco: You saw that didn't you?
You: Of course I saw it. What is it?

Draco sighs and pulls out the box from his pocket. He takes your hands and places it in them. You open the box and you see a black snake necklace with green gems around it. You smile and look up at him, he's looking down at the necklace not wanting to make eye contact.

You: You- you got this for me?

Draco nods still looking at the necklace. You put a hand under his chin to make him look at you. He looks into your eyes and smiles.

Draco: Do you like it?
You: Draco, I love it!

He smiles and grabs the box from your hands. He picks up the necklace and turns you around to put it on you. You pick up your soaked hair and move it out of the way so he can have access to your neck. You feel the cool of the chain hit your neck as he clips it together. You turn around spinning the snake in your fingers.

You: When did you get this?
Draco: This was my Mum's actually.
You: It's beautiful thank you Draco.
Draco: It's nothing really.
You: But why would you give me this, won't your Mum be mad?
Draco: I don't give a fuck if she is mad but she told me to give this to someone I loved so, I knew I needed to give it to you. I know it's-

You cut him off by crushing your lips onto his. He smiles and wraps his arms around your waist pulling you closer to him. You wrap your arms around his neck to sturdy yourself.

Draco: My darling, your freezing.

You look at your arms and realize the goosebumps forming on your arms. You look at him as your lip trembles and you shiver. Draco lets go of you and walks over to his dresser. He pulls out a pair of his green plaid pj bottoms and a black t-shirt. You stand there shivering as you watch him light the fire place in the corner with his wand. He walks back over to you and hands you the pjs along with a towel.

Draco: Go change and dry off before you catch a cold and you have to spend the night in the hospital wing.

You nod and run to the bathroom wanting to quickly warm up. You hear Draco leave the dorm and yell...

Draco: I'll be back in a second luv.

You smile as you look at your new necklace in the mirror. Cedric used to call you luv, but it was cringy when he said it. When Draco says it, you get butterflies in your stomach. You change into his clothes and put your dress on the drying rack. As you walk out of the bathroom you dry your hair and notice the fire already warmed the room up. You put the towel on the chair to dry and you walk over to Draco's bookshelf to find something to read while he is gone. You look through all the books but one catches your eye. You pick up the old book and realize what it is, Pride and Prejudice. Shock lights up your face as you look at the binding of the book. He must have read this hundreds of times. You climb into his bed and start reading to pass the time.

*****

Shortly after you finish the first chapter, Draco walks in the room with a tray of food and two warm mugs of hot chocolate. You look down and see he has already changed into grey sweatpants and a robe. You set the book down on his bedside table as he walks over and hands you a hot chocolate.

You: Thank you, babe.
Draco: Of course, beautiful.

He sets his hot chocolate on the bedside table and places the tray of food at the edge of the bed. He takes off his robe and hangs it on the back of the door before climbing into bed with you. He pulls you close to him so your laying against his chest. He strokes your arm trying to warm you up as you drink your hot chocolate.

Draco: I'm sorry for ruining your night. I should have told you about that girl before I did it, I don't know what the fuck I was thinking.
You: You didn't ruin my night. My night got better when you came back to my dorm room.
Draco: Well I'm glad. Are you warming up now?
You: Yes, thank you. Could you put this over there?

You hand Draco the empty hot chocolate mug. He looks at you and laughs as he puts it next to his. You lean forward, feeling Draco's hand slide down your back, and grab the food tray from the edge of the bed. You notice two different sandwiches on the tray so you turn around and look at Draco.

You: Which one do you want?
Draco: Just eat darling, you haven't eaten all day.

You smile and pick up a sandwich to eat. Draco grabs his hot chocolate and begins to slowly drink it.

You: You know we have school tomorrow?
Draco: Don't fucking remind me. I just can't wait for Christmas break.
You: Me too! I can't wait to go home.
Draco: What are we going to do with you so far away.

You turn your head to look at him with a raised eyebrow, he smirks at you and you roll your eyes.

You: Are you going to be able to live?

Draco pulls you by the waist closer to him. You smile as he kisses your neck and tickles you.

Draco: I don't think I'll be able too. Thankfully I can see your bedroom window so I can watch you anytime I want.
You: Well that sounds creepy.
Draco: Oh you love it.
You: That I do.

He grabs your cheek and turns you so he can kiss you. You smile as he kisses you passionately still holding onto your face.

You: Draco...

He breaks the kiss to look at you with a raised eyebrow.

You: I would like to be able to walk tomorrow.
Draco: Oh c'mon, where's the fun in that.

You roll your eyes and get out of bed to put the food tray on the table. You walk over to lock the door when the lock turns just as your about to touch it. You look over at Draco and you see his wand in his hand, smirking at you. You walk over to him and he lifts up the covers inviting you in. You climb on top of him and lay down on his chest. He begins to play with your hair causing you to feel sleepy.

You: Dray- Draco?
Draco: Yes my luv.
You: Do you have an alarm set?
Draco: I set it while you were putting the tray on the table.

You smile and kiss his chest. He kisses your forehead before whispering in your ear.

Draco: I love you, my darling. Sweet dreams.

You smile and whisper back.

You: I love you too, babe. Good night.

He kisses your forehead one last time before you drift off into a cloud of rain and stars.