Chapter 29: You can take your money.

Sophia was doing some cleaning by the time Katie got home. She threw her bag and sat on the couch.

"So how was your date with Jimin?" Katie asked narrowing her eyes.

"How do you know it was Jimin?" Sophia asked starstruck.

"I may or may have not went to the club searching for Yoongi."

Sophia shook her head. "I hope you didn't embarrassed me."

Katie rolled her eyes. "Of course not. Now spill." She did more than that, she wasn't about to tell her.

Sophia stopped what she was doing and sat on the couch next to Katie. "Actually it was pretty nice. He confessed he liked me."

"And you believed him?"

"Of course not."

"Good. I don't trust either of them."

"I don't trust them either, but they didn't give me any reasons not to. Not all of them are bad."

Katie nodded with her head. She knew for sure that Yoongi was not a bad guy, and she omitted to tell her that Yoongi also wanted her.

"Jimin is actually a pretty decent guy. He went overboard with everything." Sophia went on, ignoring the blank stare on Katie's face.

"As long as you are safe and you also had fun, that's all that matters. By the way, did he give you the money?"

Sophia got up and went back in cleaning the kitchen. "He did."

"So, did you pay the debt?" Katie pressed the subject.

"I did not took them."

"Why?"

"Because it didn't feel right. He was nice to me all this time, and taking his money I would feel like I'm using him. I can't do that."

"You like him, don't you?"

"I don't know." Sophia admitted. "I do have some feelings for him, but right now I can't focus on anything that doesn't involve my sister."

"Have you found something?"

"Not yet. I did found out she's not the only one who disappeared from there."

Katie rose her eyebrow. "There was another one?"

"Yes. I have to dig in a little deeper. Although when I asked about that, Rachel, one of the dancer there, she told me to stop looking into it."

"You should. Soph, this is getting dangerous I don't want you to do it anymore. Just quit your job and move on."

"I can't, and I won't."

"Do you really think that if you find something, Jimin, or any of them for that matter, will have your back?" She rose to her feet and stared Sophia down with her eyes. "When it comes between you and their business, they will never pick you. They will not lose their prestigious name to help you out."

Sophia never dreamed of them doing that. "I know."

Katie instantly took the decision to walk away. She was indeed worried for her cousin, yet, she was more scared for herself, and what problems would come her way if she stayed longer. Her life was carefully glued together, but not strong enough to withstand an angry Yoongi if it came to that, she hoped not. Her secrets, hidden in the darkest corner of her mind, were ready to come out to play, she couldn't afford that.

"What's with the long face?" Katie rose her eyebrow, and Sophia continued. "I get that you're worried, but it's more than that, isn't it?"

Katie sighed. "I'm going back home."