Chapter 20: What just happened?

The first office she cleaned was Taehyung's. She had more fun than she thought. While she cleaned, he said some jokes, put on some music, and he even helped her a bit. His office was already pretty clean, there wasn't much to do. Hoseok was not in his office, and she didn't want to go in there without him, so she went to next one, which was Jungkook's. He wasn't thrilled on having her there, but he didn't give her a hard time either, it was like he wasn't even there.

"Why is Jin making you do this?" Jungkook asked suddenly.

"Don't know. You should ask him." It wasn't fair to be annoyed at him, it wasn't Jungkook's fault, but she couldn't help herself. It was a hard day and she was tired of talking, hell, she was too tired to even exist. She begged the divinity for all of it to be just a freaking nightmare.

"I see. Why did you agree?"

"It's not like I have a choice." She finished wiping the dust and took a deep breath. "I'm done."

"Good job." He said in a dry voice. "You know you shouldn't have done it, it was already cleaned."

"I don't want to give him any more reasons to be pissed at me."

"Your presence alone is pissing him off." Jungkook said as a matter of fact, his eyes locked on his laptop. He never raised his eyes from the screen, not even once since she came in.

"Thanks Captain Obvious." She thanked him and walked out to the next office, which was Jimin's.

She was at the door trying to gather enough strength to knock on the door. She didn't want Jimin to see her in that state, she was so pathetic. Why in the world would he like her back?

"Wait. Like me back?" She asked herself. Did she liked him? The answer was obviously yes. She liked him, but that ship will sail when she will start cleaning his office, if it wasn't blown up already. If there was a hole between them before, now it was an entire crater. Maybe that was Jin's purpose after all. He wanted her to be humiliated in front of them. He thought it was the only way to make them stop talking to her.

"Fine." She came to her senses and accepted her fate. If Jin wants to see her humiliated and alone, she will give him exactly what he wanted.

She knocked on the door and soon as she heard Jimin, she entered.

"What's going on?" Jimin asked, shocked to see her in his office with the cleaning cart next to her.

"Jin sent me to clean your office." She was happy for her bravery. She knew she will cry later when she will be all alone in her home.

"I don't need cleaning. What the hell?" He rose to his feet. Lately, Jin was starting to get on his nerves, but this one topped everything.

"It's fine." She pushed the cart in, and when she started wiping the dust, Jimin stopped her.

"You don't have to do this." He said in a soft voice. His heart was breaking upon seeing her so torn apart.

"It's fine." She whispered back, avoiding his gaze. She was feeling less than a doormat.

"No." He grabbed her hand and brought her closer to him. "I don't want you to do this. It's beneath you." His breath was caressing her face and she stopped breathing.

He was so close to her, she could barely stay on her feet. She wanted to touch him, she wanted to hold him in her arms and never let go. She couldn't though, he wasn't hers to keep. She slightly pushed him away.

"This is me." She opened her arms and turned around. "I'm as pathetic as they come."

"You're not pathetic." Hearing her say those words, seeing her teary eyes, made him feel miserable. "I will talk to Jin."