Chapter 41: Stay.

Sophia wiped her tears away. Hoseok was the first one Jasmine allowed to touch her. She was grateful for that. There seemed to be a bond between them that she didn't comprehend. She hadn't talked to Hoseok since Jasmine was found, so Sophia couldn't tell exactly what he thought about it. In the beginning Hoseok seemed to hate her, she wondered what had changed. Did he really believed Jasmine left willingly? Or he was now feeling guilty that he had misjudged her?

Hoseok was feeling guilty. Guilty because he should have believed in her from the first day she was gone, guilty because he couldn't protect her, and most of all, guilty because he didn't move a finger to help find her. He swore in that moment, that he will stay by her side no matter what.

"You need to move in with Yeona. You can both take care of each other." Hoseok released her. "Please. This apartment is no longer safe. I can't walk away through that door knowing that you will stay here."

"I don't know Hobi. I'm scared. Oh God, I'm so scared." She cried as she covered her face with her hands. "You don't know him like I do. He will come after us, he will stop at nothing."

"That's why we're here. I will never allow him to touch you again, or anyone else. I promise." He said with all the conviction he could muster.

Jasmine shook her head and took a deep breath. She looked at the faces of the people around her and she felt how concerned they were about her, even Yeona, whom she had little to no contact. If she went with them, yes she might be safe, yet, they will be in so much danger they didn't even know about. What should she do? Putting someone else in danger was not an option for her. It was scary to think that everything she went through was for nothing.

They say love can conquer all. What if your love for them is greater, and you will do anything to protect your loved ones? She had already pushed herself in front of harms way, should she do it again? She saw no pity in their eyes, only care and worry. Should she allow them to protect her?

Jasmine hugged Hoseok because he was always like a rock for her. He was one of her best friends, the person who pushed her to do better. She was a better person with him in her life. Jin was the love of her life, but Hoseok will forever be her person. By the look in his eyes, which held captive a myriad of feelings, he understood. Hoseok always understood her without even saying a single word. She trusted him.

She couldn't tell Sophia what she's been through for her sake, she would only blame herself. It was a choice she had to make to protect her sister, and Sophia was safe. She didn't regret a thing. To suffer for someone you love, it's better than stay aside and watch their world crumble at their feet.

Still, there was strength in numbers, Jasmine couldn't deny that. Her mind was filled with what she should do. If she would stay idly and do nothing he will get out, he will find her and kill her, and the ones she loved. For now, she resorted to find some peace to think about her choices.

"Fine. I can move for now." Jasmine said in a determined voice. "But I'm not going anywhere without my sister." In that way she made sure both of them were safe. Maybe they were keen on keeping her safe, she doubted they would extend the same courtesy to her sister.

Yeona smiled and Hoseok hugged her again. "You won't be sorry." He whispered in her ear.

"I hope so." She stated unsure, but ready to take the next step.

After many sleepless nights, Katie was exhausted. She worked tirelessly with the other lawyer to build a case against Jackson Wang. It was hard since everyone was pressured to either release him or charge him. His lawyers seemed to block any move they made. They tried to put the death of the girl who planted the drugs in the club on Jackson. Even though Taehyung gave them some evidence, they couldn't build a case as there wasn't enough evidence that he was the last person to see her alive.