Chapter 38: It's never the right moment.

After Katie took Jasmine's medical report, she forward a copy to the other lawyer in charge of the case and went to Sophia's place. She was too tired, and with everything that went that day, she had forgotten to make a hotel reservation. It was too late to book a room.

She opened the door with the key Sophia managed to gave her. Once inside she threw her bag somewhere on the floor, she didn't really care where. She was too tired to function, between the case, her divorce and Yoongi, she couldn't pin point what made her even more tired.

She didn't even turned on the lights, she just tiptoed around the kitchen to make herself some tea. She put some water in the kettle, meanwhile she opened the fridge, maybe she could grab a quick bite before she went to bed. There wasn't anything that held her appeal, so she closed the fridge door. When she turned around she bumped into a hard chest. She gulped and fell to the floor scared.

Yoongi took a step back and turned on the kitchen lights. He shook his head and took her hand to help her get back up.

"What in the world are you doing here?" She said into a loud voice.

"Shush." Yoongi pressed his index finger on her lips. His heart skipped a beat, and took a step back. "Sophia is sleeping, we shouldn't wake her up." He whispered.

"Why are you here?" She crossed her arms on her chest, and tapped her foot on the floor.

Yoongi shrugged and turned his attention to the kettle. "I didn't want to leave her alone. I fell asleep on the couch."

"How magnanimous of you." She rubbed her arms just to do something with them. She was afraid she might try to reach him. Yoongi poured the hot water in a cup and made her tea. "Thank you." She took the cup from his hand, but avoided his gaze.

He sighed. "I think we should talk."

Katie nodded with her head. "We should." She agreed with him, they should talk. It wasn't the right moment though, she was tired, grumpy, hungry, all she wanted was to go to sleep.

"But we won't." He said disappointed, looking at his shoes.

"Yoongi..." She whispered his name and it took every amount of control he had not to wrap his arms around her. "I'm tired. I don't want to say things I may not mean it. Please understand."

"It's okay." He threw her a sad smile and walked to the door. "I understand. Somehow, when it comes to us there never was, or will be a right time. Not in the past and certainly not now." He turned around and kissed the top of her head. "Get some rest. Tomorrow is a new day with new bullshit." And with that he walked away leaving her alone.

A tear rolled down her cheek. "Yes." She took a deep breath, trying to calm her beating heart. "It's never the right moment." She finally said. Her words echoing through the empty room.

It felt like he was saying his goodbyes. Did he already gave up on her? Just like that? Like she meant nothing? What did she expect? She told him she filed for a divorce and nothing more. In a way, she actually didn't do anything to meet him half way.

She had some resentment left in regards to her marriage. She walked away without a second glance, perhaps she should have tried again. There was no way she could change Richard. While Richard was self absorbed, Yoongi was selfless. He had helped amend things between Sophia and Jin, and he was always there when Sophia needed him.

Everything seemed so damn complicated that made her head spin. She drank the rest of the tea, turned the light off, and slammed on the couch. By the time sleep embraced her in his tight arms, her head was pounding.

In the cold cell, Jackson replayed the conversation he had with Jungkook. He had to give him credit, the kid was smart, he wasn't bothered by the fact that he almost turn himself in, he didn't actually signed a confession so they had no basis for their claim, that unless Jasmine wakes up and tells them everything. He wasn't scared of that, the possibility for her to wake up were slim at best. He will get out of there and finish them once and for all.