part xvii

part xvii 

Song of the chapter: Avalanche by: Nick Jonas ft. Demi Lovato

(Alaska’s mom’s name is Marilyn, just a heads up.)

His hands traveled from my thighs to my lower abdomen, his thumbs rubbing gently.

“You mean.. My baby is in there?” He questioned. I nodded slowly, his hands holding my stomach, thumbs and index fingers making a heart around my belly button.

“Yeah.” I whispered. His lips brushed my neck and my shoulder, just resting there. His cool breath caused goosebumps to rise on my skin, even under the warm water. 

“I have never loved you, more than I do now, in this moment. The only time that I have been this happy is when I found out that Leah was pregnant with Jas.” His voice was croaky, his warm tears hitting the back of my neck. He choked in a sob, his chest heaving as he cried into my shoulder. 

“You don’t understand.. You are my life now. Y-you,” He cried, his desperate heaves for air interrupting his speech.

“It’s okay peach.. Take your time.” I sat facing him, still between his legs. My hands rested on both sides of his face, gently brushing his tears away. 

“You, Jasmine, and this baby are the only reasons I am still on this earth.” He whispered, his eyes filled with joy; but also sadness. Have you ever felt the monster overwhelming feeling that you want to hug someone? Where you’re so generally happy that things are going in order and you want to hug someone? Smile till your lips crack off? Till your cheeks ache? This was one of those moments. Jack grabbed my hips and pulled me into him, our lips clashing. My hands slipped from his face to his neck, to his shoulders, shoulders to his abs. 

3rd Person’s Pov ~

“So you just threw her out?” Alaska’s dad, James, yelled. 

“Sh-She’s turned into a harlot! She is pregnant, James, with her teacher’s baby. Do you not get that?” Marilyn spat back. 

“Our daughter is not a harlot, Marilyn. She is our little girl, who has made some bad choices. You were 15 when you got pregnant with Jake. She is 17, almost out of high school. You’re being a bit of a hypocrite, Mar.” James spoke calmly, as if he were speaking to a child. 

“I just— I just don’t want her to make the same mistakes as us, James.” 

“Do you remember who I am? How we met? I was your psychics teacher for fucks sake!” James yelled so viciously, spit flew into the air and onto his shirt.

“You were a goddamn sophomore in high school, an innocent little girl and I corrupted you. You’re damn lucky your parents didn’t kick you out when you were pregnant, so why the hell would you do this to her? You are not the woman I fell in love with.” James yelled, before grabbing his car keys and slamming their front door.