part xiv

Teacher Gilinsky Part XIV

Song of the chapter: Eyes on Fire by Blue Foundation

After my phone call with Jack, I just sat in my bed; numb, dumbfounded. How could I be so.. So stupid? So careless? I’m so fucking screwed.

I didn’t sleep that night. I was too shook up, my anxiety attack getting worse. Once I heard my Mom get up and go downstairs, I set up a game plan. My mom is the most understanding person I know, so maybe I can just talk it out with her, right? I slipped some pajama pants on and headed downstairs with sweaty palms. 

“Mom?” I called out, walking into the kitchen to see her leaning against the counter, a newspaper and her coffee in her hand.

“Oh, you’re awake,” She smiled setting her paper down next to her glasses. “Do you want me to make breakfast? I bought some bacon at costco yesterday.” She said with a warm smile. Probably the last one i’ll see in a while. 

“Mom, I need to talk to you,” I said bluntly, my heart racing and my mouth is suddenly dry.

“Okay, about what?” She asked, closing the fridge and opening the package of bacon.

“Um… I wanna talk about.. Uh, I wanna talk about Jack.” I merely whispered his name, looking at everything else but my mother.

“What about him? Oh sweetie, did he dump you? ‘Cause if he did I’ll kick his–“

“Mom! He didn’t break up with me. I don’t know how to say this.. so I guess I’ll just come out and say it. Jack isn’t a student… He’s my teacher.” Silence. Complete and utter silence.

“Your teacher?” She spat.

“My.. teacher.” I whispered.

“..You know. You were already pushing it with the kid but this,” She paused as she shook her head.

“This is not right. I told your father to have some faith in you! That we needed to trust you more! Thats why we were so cool with him being a father at his age, or what age we though he was. I just— I can’t. I don’t even want to look at you. You-you had sex with this man! Your fucking teacher… That is statutory rape, Alaska! I can’t look at you, go.” Silent tears streamed down my face, as I finally gained the courage to look at her. She shook her head as she looked through me. 

“I’m sorry, Mom.” I whispered.

“No you’re not… I love you honey, but I am ashamed. Ashamed.” She said flatly. “You can go in your room while I talk to your father.” My heart dropped from my ass to my toes, farther if even possible. 

“I’ll bring you breakfast when its done. You are not to see him, or speak to him until your father and I figure out what to do. So give me your phone.” She held her hand out. I nodded, locked, and turned my phone off. Thank god for passwords and touch ID.