part xxvi

Teacher Gilinsky– Part XXVI

“…. Alaska.” A faint voice whispered. 

“Alaska.. Wake up!” A small voice said. I opened my eyes and looked at Jasmine, her hair in the fishtails that I had done on her. 

“You fell asleep while I was changing my dress.” She said. I looked at the clock. 2:20 pm. 

“I was.. asleep?” I said. She nodded and smiled. Oh my god, it was a nightmare. A tear slipped out of my eye as I pulled jasmine close and hugged her. 

“Why are you hugging me so viciously.” She said into my chest. I laughed and sniffled, before kissing her head. 

“Because life is precious.. and I’m so happy that you’re in my life, sweet girl.” I smiled. Her small arms wrapped around just under my bust, her face in my neck. 

“I love you a lot, Alaska.” She said. My heart clenched as I whispered back that I loved her. We got into Jack’s truck, and buckled up. I took a deep breath and turned my phone off, before starting the car. I safely dropped Jasmine off at her friends house, making small talk with her friend’s mother for a moment.

I made it back to the house safely, my hands trembling as I made myself a cup of coffee. I sat on the couch and cried. I cried and cried and cried. I cried so hard my chest was heaving, causing me to gasp heavily. The sound of the front door closing caused me to jump, desperately trying to mask my cries.

“Alaska, baby, what’s wrong?” He said. He sat on his knees in front of me, his lips kissing my wrists. 

“I had the worst nightmare.” I sobbed. I desperately tried to calm down, taking slow breaths. 

“It’s okay baby, take a deep breath. Take a sip, he said, handing me some gatorade. I drank a few gulps worth and handed it back to him. 

“Talk to me, love.” He whispered. I closed my mouth and breathed through my nose, before speaking. 

“I-In the dream I was taking Jasmine to her party and after I dropped her off, I was texting you a-and a semi hit the truck and.” I stopped. He sat next to me on the couch and pulled me into his lap, holding me into his chest. 

“Shhh, it’s okay, you’re okay. I’m right here. I love you, it’s okay.” He cooed into my hair, occasionally kissing my head. We sat there and cuddled, a blanket lay over us as we cuddled into each other. 

“It’s not real baby. You’re safe and our son is safe and healthy. It was just a nightmare, baby.” He said. I nodded and curled into him, his scent masking mine. 

I wrapped my arms around his neck, and my legs around his waist as he stood up. He carried me up the stairs and weaved through the halls and into our room. He gently set me down on the bed and walked towards his closet.

“Wait—“ I whispered.

“It’s okay baby, I’m getting you some clothes to wear.” He said. I nodded and laid back down, my heart thumping erratically.