part xxiv

part xxiv

Song of the chapter: Happily by One Direction

I beat Jack to the house by 4 minutes, and I went to the coffee shop before coming home. BEAT THAT, SUCKER. My hands shook as I cut up vegetables, the only thing in my system was the 16 ounce red bull blaster I’ve been chugging on. I cut the potatoes quickly, throwing them into a pan with olive oil, turning the burner on. I chopped onions as well and tossed those in. The house began to smell delicious, causing my stomach to growl with hunger. I blasted Lana Del Rey and lit some candles, and munched on some yogurt while it was cooking. 

“It smells delicious in here.” Jack said while walking in, Jasmine in tow. 

“It smells so good I could die.” She whined as she threw her backpack on the coffee table. Oh god, I thought, This child is becoming just like me. 

“I’ve got good news.” Jack whispered in my ear. I turned the music down and looked at him, his hands holding my neck. 

“I quit my job today.” He dead panned. My eyes widened and my eyebrows furrowed. 

“BUT— The only reason why is because Washington State University’s Seattle Campus offered me a job.” He beamed. I covered my mouth as tears stung in my eyes.

“Oh my god, that’s amazing! Congratulations!” I smiled and kissed him, his tongue tracing my lips. 

“Um, ew.” Jasmine grimaced. Jack ran over to her and swooped her up into his toned arms and threw her in the air, and caught her. He kissed all over her face, her cheeks, her forehead, and her chin.

“Hey, um, where were you at lunch today? I went by your classroom and you weren’t there.” I said, he clenched up before turning to me. 

“I–uh, I had lunch with your mother.” He said. I raised my eyebrows and stopped stirring the food.

“Oh my god, you did?” I said. He nodded and stood in front of me. 

“Yeah. It went pretty well. She uh.. She gave us her blessing.” He smiled. 

“She said that you’ve been ignoring her calls, but she told me to tell you that she loves you and she can’t wait to see you.” He smiled. 

“See me?” I questioned.

“Yeah.. I uh.. I invited her to dinner.” He whispered. I blinked and held my breath, and tried to count to 10.

“You invited my mother?” I spoke, carefully. He nodded and stepped away from me. 

“I-I can’t deal with this right now..” I shook my head and walked out of the room, going into my bedroom upstairs. The bed was left untouched, considering I’ve been sleeping with Jack at night. I opened the covers and climbed in, my pillow top mattress cover making me curl into it. I closed my eyes and fell asleep to an empty stomach.