part xxv

Teacher Gilinsky– Part XXV

Song of the chapter: Explosions by Ellie Goulding

Jasmine decided to change her outfit at least 4 times before we left, finally deciding on a yellow sleeve-less high neckline sundress, with white tights and her high top white converse. Damn, I thought, This child has better fashion than me.

I strapped her in her carseat before getting in the driver’s seat of Jack’s truck. I buckled my seatbelt and put the key in the ignition, the large truck roaring to life seconds later. I put the car into gear and pulled out of his drive way, driving to Jasmine’s friend’s house. Thank god for navigation apps. Jasmine held onto her friend’s present tightly as I navigated through the streets, finally arriving at her friends house. I drove down the highway, as I heard my phone ping. 

Jack Gilinsky: Hey beautiful, Drop Jas off yet? Love you

I smiled before typing out my response, glancing up at the road to make sure I was in my lane and a safe distance from the other cars. 

Me: Just did. On my way home now, how’s your meeting? 

I continued driving steadily, waiting for his reply, slowly turning the radio on. A new Fall Out Boy song was on, so I naturally started dancing a long to it. My phone beeped once again, so I checked it. 

Jack Gilinsky: Bullshit.. The guy didn’t show up. The office lady said he had a family emergency. I’m on my way home now. :)

He said. I smiled and started typing my response, the music blaring in the truck. I glanced up at the last second, still going 70mph, and the light was red. I slammed on my breaks, but it was too late. A semi slammed into the side of my car, causing me to flip. The last thing I remember is hitting my head on the steering wheel. 

Jack Gilinsky’s Point of View~

I sat in the waiting room of the hospital, waiting for the ambulance to arrive with Alaska. Suddenly, she was rushed in on a gurney, an oxygen mask over her nose and mouth. I shot up and ran to the doctor’s side.

“Are you immediate family?” He asked. I answered ‘Yes’. 

“Is there anything important I need to know about the patient?” He asked, the swill of people and machines causing my heart to clench. 

“She’s 24 weeks pregnant.” I said. That caused an uprising between the doctors and nurses, Dr. Chamberlin shouting for a drip for some random medicines. 

“Sir, you’re going to have to wait in the waiting room.” He said. 

“No. I am not going to sit out there for another god damn minute. I am not leaving her side.” I said. The doctor sighed and led me into Alaska’s room. 

“Wait where are you taking her?” I asked him. 

“We have to do some tests, and see if the fetus is okay, and if she needs an emergency C-section.” He said. My stomach dropped, tears that I’ve been holding back leaking out of my eyes. My chest heaved with my uncontrollable sobs, my hands covering my face. Hours went by, the doctor finally bringing Alaska back in her room. 

“Well, the good news is, the baby is fine, which is a miracle.” The doctor smiled. I let out the breath I had unintentionally held in. 

“And Alaska?” I said. I pulled my bottom lip between my teeth and looked at her. Her forehead was bruised and had dry blood on it, her mascara all down her face, dry blood around her nose and lips. Her cheekbone was bruised, and her hair was tangled. Looking at her broke my heart, gravity pulling my crumbling world down. 

“She has 2 broken ribs, which punctured her lung, a fractured skull, and she’s in a coma.” The doctor said. 

“How long will she be in the coma?” I asked.

“Could be minutes, could be days.” The doctor said. 

“Visiting hours are closing soon.” He whispered. I nodded and sighed, looking at my watch. 9:40pm. I stood at the window in Alaska’s room, over looking Seattle. I rested my head against the glass and cried. I sat in the chair next to her bed, and held her hand. 

“Baby,” I whispered. 

“I don’t know if you can hear me, but squeeze my hand if you can.” I paused. Nothing

“Everything is going to be okay, you’ll be okay. I will do anything. I love you so much.” I cried into her wrist. I placed kisses all up her arm, onto her neck, and on her lips, once. 

“I have to leave soon but I will be back first thing tomorrow.” I whispered. I squeezed her hand once more. As I slowly took my hand out of hers, she squeezed. My heart warmed, I immediately found the doctor. After telling him she was responsive, I sat back down. 

“Sir, visiting hours are over—“ A nurse said but I cut her off.

“I’m not leaving.” I said. She nodded once before retrieving a pillow and a blanket for me. I smiled and thanked her, before cuddling up to Alaska on her hospital bed. I rubbed her stomach gently, her heart rate on the machine began beeping faster. I smiled and placed a kiss on the back of her neck before falling into a sad sleep. 

60 votes, 40 comments?