part xiii

part xiii

Song of the chapter: Blackbird Smile by Nightmare & The Cat

After Jack left, my mom came home shortly after, before coming into my room.

“Jack was here?” She asked me, while sitting on the edge of my bed.

“Yeah, he was here for a little. He had to leave for the football game.” I told my mom, closing my laptop. 

“Oh, is he on the team?” She asked, her blonde hair with subtle purple highlights being flipped around as she shook her fingers through her hair.

“Yeah… I guess you could say that.” I nodded, picking at my nails.

“Do you.. Do you wanna go get manicures and something to eat? It’s okay if you don’t want to, I just miss spending time with you.” She said, her eyes wide and frantic.

“Awe mommy, I’d love to.” I smiled and tossed the blankets off my lap. She looked weirdly at me once I stood up.

“Honey, why are you in a t-shirt and underwear? Is that his shirt? Alaska Beatrice are you having sex? Is my daughter really getting more action than I am?” My mom scoffed.

“Mother!” I silenced her.

“Well is it true? I won’t be mad, sweetie.” She whispered.

“Yeah…” I whispered.

“Nothing to be ashamed of sweetheart. It’s completely natural.” She smiled and patted my arm.

“Get some clothes on. I’m gonna go to the bathroom, then we’ll go.” She smiled and pecked my cheek, before leaving the room.

I changed into my favorite bra and underwear set, then with my favorite halter, black high waisted ripped skinny jeans, my black suede paseo high tops (toms), with my favorite purse, a tan Michael Kors beford flap crossbody.

I fluffed my soft curls and pulled them into a low bun, leaving a few strands to frame my face. I swiped on some better than sex mascara, chocolate soleil bronzer, and NARS ‘Fast Ride’ for lipstick.

I followed my mom out the door and to her car, climbing in the front of her silver Buick Enclave.

“You look cute.” She looked over at me and smiled, before patting my thigh and smiling. 

“Thanks Momma.” I smiled and patted my hand atop of hers.

“So do you wanna get acrylics?” She asked, turning up the arctic monkeys song I was playing. 

“Sure. Where can we go for dinner?” I asked her, biting the hangnail that has been bugging the hell out of me for the past day.

“How does Olive Garden sound? We can always do less formal if you want. I just want to spend time with you.” She smiled and pulled into the nail salon. 

“I’ll think about it.” I said as we walked into the salon, the smell of the acetone is honestly the most satisfying smell in the world. 

After an hour and a half, my nails were soft and fresh with the new acrylics. They were carved stiletto style, and black, like my soul. My promise ring Jack gave me sparkled next to the black, the contrast making it look a lot more appealing. 

“So where did you decide on?” My mom asked me as we hopped back into the car, careful of our nails. 

“Definitely Olive Garden.” 

After we ate, we shopped around, then headed home. My mom pecked me on the cheek before disappearing into the kitchen to talk to my dad. I went upstairs to my room and changed out of my clothes. As I was changing into my pajamas, which pretty much consisted of Jack’s old tee shirt and my underwear, I climbed into bed and shut the light off.

I groggily opened my eyes and grabbed my phone off the nightstand, the assigned ringtone for Jack ringing loudly in my silent house.

“Hi baby. You okay?” I questioned, curling back into my pillows.

“Oh shit, did I wake you baby? I’m so sorry, go back to sleep.” He said in a rushed, quiet tone.

“It’s okay love, you’ve already got me on the line.” I smiled and sat up, turning on my lap while doing so.

“Well, so you know how the semester is ending?” He asked.

“Yeah?” I whispered back.

“Well, that means that after the finals, on Friday when you’re out of school, there’s parent teacher conferences.” He choked out.

F u c k. I am royally screwed.

“Fuck!” I whisper shouted. “What the fuck do we do? Once we go to the conference, my parents are obviously going to recognize you.. God damnit!” I smacked the empty space beside me.

hiii! sorry its short :) 50 votes and 15 comments? :)