part xv

Teacher Gilinsky XV

Song of the chapter: Thats What You Get by Paramore

Recap//

“What’re we gonna do?” I whispered into his chest, nuzzling my nose into his neck. 

“Well, there’s not much we can do. It depends on wha—“ He was cut off by my mother, who was standing in the doorway of my bathroom.//

“On what? What her parents are going to do about this? This is wrong– SO wrong.” She spat. Jacks eyes were wide with fear; as were mine.

“You’re lucky that we haven’t called the police!” She yelled, her face red with anger. My dad walked up behind her, I don’t think either of our eyes could get any wider.

“What is going on here? Alaska? Why is he here?” My dad singled Jack out with a squint of his eyes. 

“I think its best for you to leave.” My dad placed a hand on the back of Jack’s shoulder and led him out, my eyes following him until he was out of sight.

My mom and I just looked at each other. 

“Go put some pants on before your father comes back.” She spat. I nodded and slipped on my sweatpants before walking back over to her. 

“Let’s wait in the living room.” I nodded and pounced down the stairs, opening the fridge and grabbing a bottle of water. I sat on the couch and waited for them to start talking. They both sat in chairs across the coffee table from me. Minutes passed and nothing was said. Just disappointed stares from my parents

“So we’ve decided how we’re going to handle this.” My mom started, looking at my dad while doing so. 

“And?” I questioned.

“We’re not going to contact the police or school board.” I let out a sigh of relief.

“Not so fast. Only under one condition.”  My dad said.

“And that is?” My mom and dad gave each other a look before looking back at me.

“You’re not going to like it.”

Jack’s Point Of View ~

I drove back to the school with my heart rate quicker than a hummingbirds. I took quick puffs from the cigarette at first, but quick puffs turned into long drags. I cannot lose this job. I cannot go to jail. After I finished my cigarette in record time, I lit another. And another, and another. 

I pulled into the school to see police cars parked by the front entrance. Fuck. I slowly got out of my car and walked to the entrance, the police in the front office. All eyes were on me as the door shut loudly behind me. 

“Ah, Jack Gilinsky. Just the man we were looking for.” Officer Jacobs said. My heart dropped into my stomach.

“What can I help you guys with?” I asked, trying to sound remotely close to a sane human being. 

“Nothing too important. If you’re busy, we can come back later.” 

“Nows perfect, actually. I don’t have a class this period.” I smiled, fake of course.

“I just wanted to discuss the time for my daughters parent teacher conference?” He said. I let out the breath I didn’t know I was holding in. 

“Oh sure. Do you want to change the time?” I asked him. He nodded. We discussed the new time for the conference, before they left. 

I logged into my grading system, only to see the a student was switched out of my class. 

“That’s strange,” I whispered to myself, only to see the student who switched out at the bottom of the page. 

“Alaska Beatrice Williams.” I whispered, my heart clenching and straining. She couldn’t have… Maybe it was her parents? Yeah, it probably was. 

My phone started ringing, the designated ringtone for Alaska blaring in my pocket. 

“Baby! Hi.” I answered. 

“Jack, we need to talk.. about us.” She started. 

“Alright, I’m listening.. What about us?” I said, biting my hangnails. 

“We can’t see each other anymore.” She said, scratch that, whimpered. I could hear the gasps and choked sobs coming from her. 

“Please don’t say that baby.. I love you so much. Don’t leave me.” I shakily stated, my nose burning and tears prickling my eyes. 

“You’re my teacher. It’s illegal. I’m sorry, but this is goodbye.” She sobbed into the phone before hanging up, my heart is broken. I am broken. My throat started to close up, it’s suddenly hard to breathe.

I just let it go. Tears streamed down my face, my body shook with the sobs I desperately tried to hold back. I’m empty.. I can’t feel anything except the sharp pain in my chest. I grabbed my bag and keys, before walking out of the classroom. 

“Mr. Gilinsky!” A student said, the line of students outside my classroom looked at me worriedly. 

“Are you okay?” Ezra asked, his voice serious, for once. 

“No, Ezra, I’m not. I need to get out of here.” I said. I didn’t bother to wipe the tears from my face as I walked down the hallway, students looking at me and whispering to their friends. I stuck my head in the office and told them I was leaving, so they sent in a sub as quickly as they could. 

I drove to Jas’s school and picked her up, before going home. 

So here I am. Laying in my bed, Jasmine cuddled up to me, asleep. I am a coward. I raked my fingers through Jasmine’s tangled hair, her light, even breaths signaling she’s asleep. I crawled out of bed and into my kitchen, pouring myself a glass of scotch. At one am, I was so belligerently drunk I didn’t even remember inviting Leah over.

hahahah im such a bad person im sorry D: 

60 votes and 25 comments? :)