part xi

part xi

song of the chapter: Teenagers by My Chemical Romance

Christmas Morning, Alaska’s Point of View  

“Merry Christmas, Honey.” My mom kissed my forehead as I sat down at the breakfast bar. 

“You too.” I smiled, as she handed me a cup of caramel cream hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows. I followed her into the living room to open presents. My dad sat on the love seat, in his loafer slippers and robe. He smiled at me, my brother immediately leaping from his spot on the floor to attack me in a hug, careful of my hot chocolate.

“Jake! What’re you doing here?” I exclaimed, hugging him back. “I thought the flights are sold out?” I whispered into his shoulder. Earlier this week, I had found out that mu brother was coming home from college for christmas. Later in the week, I found out the flights were sold out. 

“I took a train.” He smiled, before his eyes trained on something else— a girl sat where he was.

“This is Alice, my girlfriend.” He smiled, helping Alice off the ground. 

“Hi, it’s so great to finally meet you!” I skipped the handshake and pulled her into the hug.

“You too!” I smiled. After about an hour of opening presents, I get a text from Jack.

Jack Gilinsky: Merry Christmas, Baby. 

Me: You too, my love. :-) 

Jack Gilinsky: I love you, so does Jas. She says Merry christmas :)

My heart fluttered, I love him.

Me: Tell her the same. :)

Jack Gilinsky: Or you could

Me: What?

A knock on my front door my my heart drop. Is he here? Do I have to introduce him to my family? I don’t have any makeup on, I look so bad oh my–

“Alaska! Someone’s at the door for you. He’s very handsome.” My mom winked at my as I speedily met her at the doorway. 

“Jasmine wanted to come by and I… I couldn’t say no.” He smiled.

“Hi jasmine.” I smiled and squatted down to her height, her toothy smile making my heart warm. She thrashed her arms around my neck and hugged me tightly, knocking me over slightly.

“Merry Christmas!” She loudly yelled in my ear, but I didn’t mind.