part xx

Teacher Gilinsky– Part XX

“It’s okay, Jack.” I whispered, letting my thumb caress his cheek.

“You… You’re not mad?” He whispered back, his hands holding my elbows.

“I’m not mad at you baby. We were broken up and you were hurt, I understand that.” I whispered back. A tear slipped out of his eye as he let out a sigh. 

“I was so scared, I thought you would behead me.” He laughed quietly, bringing his lips to mine. He changed into clothes for the day and made soup for lunch. We left the house around 1 o’clock-ish to run some errands; like Walmart, Costco, Target, and Trader Joe’s.

Once we were at the store, we grabbed a car and wandered though the isles. After collecting everything on the list, such as: Nutella, cereal, milk, bread, garlic bread, bagels, cream cheese, soup, eggs, cheese, meat, seasonings, cheese its and other snack like items. Not to mention tons of candy. I got a few new make up items that I paid for, and some plants as well. We got some movies, The first 2 Harry Potters, The Other Woman, and some candles. 

After all of our shopping we came home to an empty house, as per usual. The light shone in through the windows, opening the house up with heat and light. 

“Jack, I forgot to tell you! For christmas my parents got me two tickets to any destination we want to go to. Hotel and everything included! I would love for you to come with me.” I told him while we were putting stuff away.

“I would love to.” He smiled, pulling me in for a tight embrace, and a kiss. 

“Where do you wanna go?” I whispered. 

“Somewhere hot.” He smiled and winked. I rolled my eyes and thought of places we could go.

“Hawaii?” I whispered. 

“Bahama’s?” He whispered back. 

“Wherever you want.” I smiled and pecked his cheek. 

“Hawaii.” He whispered back. I smiled and pulled him down to kiss me, the groceries scattered at out feet just sat there while we continued our embrace.

“You’re not wearing your ring.” He stated with a frown. I looked down at my hand and frowned as well.

“I took it off last night when we were…” I trailed off with a blush. He laughed and smacked my butt as I walked away to go put it back on.

I walked back over to the couch, to grab my ring off the side table. 

“Jack, did you move it?” I called out. 

“No, why?” He called back. 

“It’s not here. It was right next to the earring—“ I cut myself off. 

“Jack, Leah took it.” I called. He ran into the room.

“What?” 

“Leah took the ring, Jack. She must’ve taken it when she got her earring. Tears pricked in my eyes. 

“I’m going to call the police.” He whispered. 

“Jack, no. Just call Leah and get the ring back.” I said while rubbing his arm.

“Babe, its not just petty theft. Its grand theft.” He whispered. Grand theft? He walked out of the room with his home phone, talking to an officer I’m sure. I slowly crept up behind him, unseen. 

“The ring, it was incrusted with diamonds.” He said. 

“How much did it cost? Where did you but it from? Do you have insurance?” The officer asked. 

“I payed $11,700 before tax. It’s from Tiffany & Co. I do have insurance.” He stated. $11,700? That costed more than my car. I walked into the living room and sat on the couch. A few minutes later, Jack came in and sat down.

“They’re getting a search warrant to find your ring, and if they don’t, the insurance covers it and you’ll get a new one.” He said with a sigh. 

“Jack, That ring was expensive. Why did you pay so much?” I whispered, crawling into his lap and resting my head on his chest. 

“Because, no price and amount to how much I love you. The ring sparkled, it reminded me of the sparkle in your eyes when I first told you I loved you.” He whispered. I placed my lips on his neck and rested my head there.

Sorry it's short! :/