44

"Today didn't end in the way I thought it would. Just as I got Daryl back, I almost lost him all over again. And part of him did."

CAROLINE WAS OUTSIDE WITH THE OTHERS, HELPING WITH THE PRISON

She stood with Maggie and Carl, distracting the walkers so Daryl, Glenn, and Michonne drove around, putting barbed wires and stakes into the grass so if Woodbury did come back, they couldn't get out.

Once they were finished, Caroline jogged back up to the prison and over to where Rick was talking with the others.

"Hey." She smiled at Daryl, who tugged her beanie over her ears,

Rick led him them back around the prison, checking every entrance to make sure no one could get inside to sneak up on the group.

Once inside, Maggie approached her, "I see you and Daryl made up."

Caroline nodded, "Yeah."

"Well, keep him happy. We prefer him like this then when he's moody." Maggie joked.

Caroline rolled her eyes. She grabbed a granola bar and went up stairs towards her cell. She passed by Merle's and noticed that it was empty.

"Hey, have you seen Merle?" Caroline asked, leaning over the railing to look at Carol,

"Haven't seen him since this morning." She answered,

The blonde nodded before grabbing her bow and arrows and heading down towards the boiler room, knowing that's where he liked to hang out. She found a pillow case on the floor with drops of blood staining it,

"What have you been up to, Dixon?" She asked herself before glancing up at the doorway before her, noticing it was slightly ajar, and walked through it.

"Did I regret following him? No, of course not. I just wished I could've changed the outcome of what had happened."

Caroline found an exit out of the prison and followed it through the woods until she reached a road. Every once in a while, she'd come upon a dead walker without a head. Decapitated. There's a very limited list of weapons that could do that.

It didn't take long before she found them, Merle and Michonne.

Michonne was tied up to a post while Merle was hot-wiring a car. Once the car had started up, the alarm blared.

"Dumbass." Caroline hissed,

"Merle!" Michonne began to panic. Her hands were bound so there was no way to fight off the walkers.

Caroline took out an arrow and stabbed the walker approaching her before knocking it back and aiming for the one closest to Michonne.

Letting the arrow fly, it pierced the head of the walker, dropping it before it reached Michonne.