20

"It's amazing that these people lasted so long. Even I wasn't this clueless when I met Rick and his group."

DARYL AND CAROLINE led the group down a corridor.

"Man, it's too damn dark in here." Big Tiny hissed quietly as they walked along slowly,

"Gotta hold it up high out in front of you. You're gonna hear 'em before you see 'em." Daryl whispered,

 "It's coming!" Axel exclaimed loudly and Caroline jumped a bit,

"Shhh!" Daryl shushed them. 

They heard the dragging sounds and Daryl held up his hand, motioning everyone to stop. They spotted the shadows and two walkers rounded the corner.

Daryl began counting down, but before he could get to one, the prisoners charged, letting out shouts as they ran towards the walkers. Caroline sighed and lowered her knife, watching as they all attacked the walkers but aimed anywhere else but the head.

"If that's how they took them down, they weren't going to last long in the world outside the prison fences."

Caroline looked over at Rick, "Did being locked up in that cafeteria make them dumber, too?"

They quickly moved on after T-Dog and Rick landed the final blows to the head. They walked around another corner and heard the growls of more walkers,

"It's gotta be the brain." Daryl stated, shooting the lone walker in the head, "Not the stomach, not the heart, the brain."

Another walker walked in and Oscar jabbed it quickly with his axe, "Like that?" 

"Uh-uh."

Axel and Rick killed the next two walkers, "Stay in tight formation, no more prison riot crap!" Rick exclaimed and more filed in. Caroline quickly stabbed a few in the head before she heard a loud yell come from behind her. Rick rushed over to Big Tiny and took care of a few walkers. Tomas pushed past her and gun shots went off.

Caroline winced at the loud sound and Daryl pushed her behind him, "What happened to no guns." She mumbled.

They all walked over to see Big Tiny standing with his back to Rick, who was observing his shoulder with a flashlight. There was a large scratch running down his back.

"I'm telling you, I don't feel anything, it's just a scratch!" Big Tiny exclaimed,

"I'm sorry, man." Rick sighed, 

"I can keep fighting!"

"You cut that old guy's leg off to save his life!" Andrew, the smallest prisoner said,