60

BLOOD SPLATTERED ACROSS CAROLINE'S FACE, STAINING HER BLONDE HAIR

She looked over to right to see Hershel's body collapse in the tall grass.

Then everything turned into chaos.

"No!"

Guns shots went off before she could catch her breath, Caroline rolled away from harm's way. She hid behind one of the trucks, using her teeth to loosen the ropes from her wrists.

She stayed in the tall grass, ducked down. She didn't have any weapons. She couldn't fight.

The tank went forward and so did some of the other trucks. Caroline moved forward, pausing when she spotted Hershel's headless body.

Tears ran down her cheeks as the tank fired at the prison.

This was it. It was over.

The prison is for the walkers now.

She grabbed a gun that was left on the ground and faced the trees, shooting any walkers that were coming their way.

Caroline ran over to the red truck that was near her and found a knife in the passenger seat. She quickly stuffed it into her waistband before running through the yard, searching for Daryl, or any of their group.

She aimed her gun at one of the military men from the Governor's group who was hiding behind the tank, quickly taking him down.

"Daryl!" She called out, hoping he'd hear her over the gun shots, "Daryl!"

She heard the click of a safety and turned to see a woman holding her pistol to Caroline's head. She ducked in time for her to pull the trigger. Caroline's ear rang as she took the gun and rammed the butt of it into the woman's stomach.

Caroline grabbed her hair and slammed her face over her knee. Before she could land another blow, another gunshot went off nearby.

The blonde gasped as a blinding pain went through her side. The other woman smirked as Caroline went down.

She walked over to her and spat on her leg before walking off towards the prison.

Caroline bit her lip, reaching down to put pressure on her gun shot wound, not wanting to cry out and gain the attention of dozens of walkers.

Tears welled up in her eyes.

Was this is?

Was this the end of her story?

She glanced down, watching the blood spill from between her fingers. She couldn't come back from this.

Caroline moved her eyes to stare up at the blue sky.

It was a beautiful day. Autumn was coming, there was a breeze in the air. But the sun was still shining.

How ironic. A beautiful day turned horrid by the actions of one man.

Caroline moved to grab her knife as a walker stumbled over to her. As it kneeled above her, she reached out to keep its' jaws away and stabbing it in the head.

The body laid on top of her, but she didn't have the strength to move it.

She was scared. Once again, she was scared. And she was gonna die scared.

It had come full circle.

The gunshots had ceased and her vision was getting blurry. She could only pray that the others made it out, too.

She just wished she saw Daryl one last time. To apologise.

He'll be okay. He's a survivor.

Caroline turned her blurry gaze back to sky as she took in a shaky breath, "I'm sorry." She whispered,

And then it all went black.