7

"

Archery. Now that is something I can do. I mean, yeah, I can shoot a gun now thanks to Rick, but nothing can beat the feeling of having a bow and arrow in my hands. But going back to my house was hard. All those memories seem to hit me at once, and I realized nothing will be the same again. I won't have my mother by my side, my father won't hand me off to a man I will marry, all my friends are most likely dead, there goes all my girls night outs. But if there's one thing from my old life that will help me now, it's my skill of archery."

THE TWO WOMEN WERE NOW driving towards town, with a bow and a quiver full of arrows in the backseat

"Where'd you learn how to shoot?" Lori asked,

"Archery team at my high school. I didn't get a chance to grab it before my family went to Hershel's. I've been meaning to retrieve it." Caroline explained,

"None of us noticed the walker in the middle of the road. Not until it was too late."

"Lori, look out!" Caroline screamed before the walker made contact with the car. Lori swerved and the car went into the ditch before flipping onto its' side.

Caroline let out a cry of pain as her stitches ripped. She held her hand to her side, one eye closed as blood dripped down her head. "Lori." Caroline groaned before passing out.

" Caroline groaned before passing out

WHEN SHE OPENED her eyes, she heard Lori's screams. There was a walker sticking his face throught the hole in the windshield near Caroline. She let out a scream before reaching back towards her quiver. Once there was an arrow in her hand, she gripped it and swung her arm towards the walker, stabbing it in the head.

"It felt good, releasing that arrow into the walker's skull. It made me realized that maybe, just maybe, I can survive in this world. That I can be a stronger person."

She leaned back into the seat and looked over at Lori, "Are you okay?"

Lori nodded nad Caroline grabbed her quiver and bow before climbing out of the car. She helped Lori before noticing another walker making their way towards them. Caroline grabbed another arrow and placed it on her bow, "Lori, get your gun." She ordered before aiming her bow and shooting the walker in the head, ignoring the pain in her side.

Lori grabbed her gun from the car and Caroline grabbed her arrows from the walker's head, "We should head back."

"I'm not going back without Rick." Lori responded,

"It's going to take us all night to get to town." Caroline replied, "I don't want to be out here in the dark."

"Fine. Then you can go back and I'll go get Rick." Lori began walking away. Caroline groaned in frsutation and stomped her foot before following Lori,

"I'm not leaving you out here alone." She stated, walking beside the brunette. She held her hand to her side, pulling back when she felt something wet. Caroline had broken her stitches and now her wound was bleeding freely.

Thunder rumbled in the sky above them and Caroline sighed, "It's gonna storm soon."

"We'll be fine."

"Lori, your head is bleeding. We should get you back so we can take care of you." Caroline replied,

"Not without Rick." She repeated.

"I shouldn't have gone with her. I should have somehow convinced her to stay. I just wanted to help... and look at where that led me. We were both injured out in the middle of nowhere, with only a gun and twelve arrows, with no vehicle to get us back to the farm. I don't think this day can get any worse."

 After about a half hour of walking, they heard a car behind them. The women turned to see the green Hyundai stop behind them and Shane get out of the car, "Are you all right?" He asked Lori,

"I'm fine." Lori answered,

"You're not fine, I saw the wreck." Shane grabbed Lori's flashlight and shined it in her eyes, looking for any signs of a concussion, "Let me look at you. What happened?"

"I got distracted and hit a walker." Lori answered,

He looked over at the young blonde beside Lori, "You good?" she nodded, looking down at her boots. Shane sighed and turned the flashlight off, "Come on, I gotta get you back."

"No, we gotta find Rick." Lori refused,

Shane hesitated and Caroline narrowed her eyes at him, "He's back. They're all back. They're all safe and sound."

"Really?" Shane nodded and Lori began walking towards the car, "Oh thank God."

Caroline stayed where she was, staring at Shane, "What? You comin' or not?" He questioned, walking back over to the car. Caroline glared at his back before getting into the Hyundai and heading back towards the farm.

"I don't trust Shane. Not one bit. I know he killed Otis. And now I know he's willing to do anything to keep Lori Grimes safe. Even if it is to kill Rick or anyone else."

It wasn't long before they reached the farm. Lori and Shane got out first as the group came over, "Oh my God, are you all right? What happened?" Caroline heard Andrea question,

"I was in an accident. I'm fine, I'm fine." Lori stated, "I really am. Where's Rick?" Everyone looked at each other, "They're not back?" Lori turned to look at Shane, who had his back to her, "Where are they?"

"Look, I had to get you back here." Shane replied, justifying his lie,

Lori stomped towards him, "You asshole."

"Lori." Shane began but Lori tried to hit him, 

"He's my husband."

"Lori, I will go after him. I will find him." He pushed her away, "Hey! Now, look, first things first... I gotta... I gotta look after you. I gotta make sure the baby's all right, okay?"

Carl popped out from behind T-Dog, "You're having a baby? Why didn't you tell me?"

Lori didn't answer and Dale held out his hand, "Come on. Let's make sure you're all right." Caroline stepped out of the car as they led Lori away. Maggie came over and checked over her injuries from the accident,

"C'mon. Let's get you cleaned up." Maggie brought Caroline into her bedroom with a first aid kit. The brunette began cleaning her cuts,

"I would've convinced her to stay if I would've known." Caroline stated, 

"But you didn't. It's all over now." Maggie replied, taking a wet cloth and cleaning her head, "You're dad's pissed that you left." Caroline didn't say anything and Maggie sighed, "He's the one that does this to you, isn't he?" She asked,

"There's nothing I can do about it." Caroline responded,

"We can tell my dad and he-"

"He'll what? Kick him off the farm? What kind of daughter would I be if I allowed that to happen?" Caroline asked,

"What kind of father is he? Drinkin' all day, hittin' his daughter. Care, he's hurting you." Maggie stated,

Caroline stood up, "And where's your dad, huh? Wastin' his life away in some bar while his daughter is laying in bed, sick! You have no right!" Caroline exclaimed before leaving the bedroom and going outside.

"Looks like it did get a lot worse."