11

"I don't know what's gonna happen next. So many bad things seem to happen all at once now. I just hope they get back safely-"

Graham slammed the door open, "Pack a bag

Graham slammed the door open, "Pack a bag. We're leaving."

Caroline stood up and rushed over to her bed, grabbing the backpack underneath, "Where are we going?" She asked,

"Away from here." Her father answered,

The blonde quickly packed necessities, clothing, a first aid kit, and her tape recorder, before following her father out the back door, "Where's everyone else?" Caroline asked as her dad dragged her towards the trees,

She heard the click of a gun and turned to find her father aiming at her head, "Not coming with us. Be quiet and move."

"I should have known he didn't want others to go with him. I thought I was never going to see the others again. Hershel, Maggie, Beth... Daryl."

Caroline swallowed nervously and began walking, her father behind her with a gun to her head, "Dad-"

"I said, be quiet!" He yelled pushing her to the ground. She hissed as she twisted her ankle and landed on the hard ground, "Get up!" Caroline whimpered as her father tugged on her hair to get her up, "Let's go!"

They walked for about ten minutes before Caroline reaching slowly towards her waistband and grabbed her gun. She quickly turned around and aimed it at her father, "Don't do this."

Her father chuckled, "You won't shoot me. You don't have the guts."

Caroline shook her head, "Dad, please, don't make me do this."

He began stomping towards her and in fear, Caroline pulled the trigger. Her father screamed in pain as the bullet hit his leg, causing him to fall. Tears fell from her eyes and she leaned against the tree, "You bitch!" He yelled at her,

The sounds of snarls and growls filled her ears and walkers limped towards her father. She sobbed quietly as her father grabbed the gun and began shooting the walkers before he aimed the gun at her and pulled the trigger.

Caroline let out a small scream when the bullet entered her shoulder. Some of the walkers turned to her and she panicked. With her shoulder screaming in pain, Caroline turned around and climbed the tree.

"I've never been in more pain. But I knew I had to continue forward in order to survive."

She cried silently, watching her father scream as he was torn to shreds. Once his screams stopped, Caroline ripped the sleeve of her flannel around the wound, wincing as she pulled it tight.

Caroline climbed down quietly as the walkers were distracted by her father's body. Holding Daryl's gun in her hand, she quickly made her way towards the highway.