38

"Everything had been quiet the past couple of days. It was eerie. Knowing that at some point, Woodbury would be back, but not knowing exactly when."

"ANDREA'S HERE

"ANDREA'S HERE."

Beth handed Caroline the baby as everyone rushed to grab rifles and go outside to greet their guest.

"We didn't know if she was here to finish the Governor's job, or to help. But we weren't going to take any chances."

Once the doors to the cell block opened once again, Caroline placed Judith in her box before she and Hershel walked out to see everyone.

"After you saved me, we thought you were dead." Carol told Andrea as they gripped each other tight,

Andrea pulled away and glanced at Hershel and Caroline, "Hershel, my God. And Caroline... you look-"

"Like shit? Yeah, you can thank your buddy for that." She stated.

"I can't believe this." Andrea looked around, "Where's Shane?" Everyone looked awkwardly at each other and Andrea got the message that he didn't survive, "And Lori?"

"She had a girl. Lori didn't survive." Hershel answered,

"Neither did T-Dog." Maggie continued,

"I'm so sorry." The blonde looked towards the younger Grimes, Carl. Rick, I--" She paused, "You all live here?"

"Here and the cell block." Glenn responded,

Andrea pointed towards the door, "There? Well, can I go in?"

Rick stood in her way, "I won't allow that."

"I'm not an enemy, Rick." Andrea said,

"But was she?"

"We had that field and courtyard until your boyfriend tore down the fence with a truck and shot us up." Rick explained,

"He said you fired first." Andrea argued,

"Well, he's lying."

"He killed an inmate who survived in here. We liked him. He was one of us." Hershel stated,

"Almost killed Care, too." Daryl spoke up and Caroline rolled her eyes,

"We all almost died that day. It wasn't about me, it was about the groups' survival."

Andrea shook her head, "I didn't know anything about that. As soon as I found out, I came. I didn't even know you were in Woodbury until after the shoot-out."

"That was days ago." Glenn called her out,

"I told you, I came as soon as I could." Andrea looked at the hostile stares she was receiving before turning to Michonne, "What have you told them?"

"Nothing." Michonne answered,

"I don't get it. I left Atlanta with you people and now I'm the odd man out?" Andrea spat,

"He almost killed Michonne and he would have killed us." Glenn stated,

"With his finger on the trigger." Andrea pointed up at Merle, "Isn't he the one who kidnapped you? Who beat you?" She sighed, "Look, I cannot excuse or explain what Philip has done. But I am here trying to bring us together. We have to work this out."

"There's nothing to work out." Rick stated, walking towards her, "We're gonna kill him. I don't know how or when, but we will."

"We can settle this. There is room at Woodbury for all of you." Andrea insisted,

Merle scoffed, "You know better than that."

"What makes you think this man wants to negotiate? Did he say that?" Hershel questioned,

"No."

"Then why did you come here?" Rick asked,

"Because he's gearing up for war. The people are terrified. They see you as killers. They're training to attack." Andrea answered,

"I'll tell you what." Everyone turned their attention to Daryl who was sitting on the table, "Next time you see Philip, you tell him I'm gonna take his other eye."

"We're taken too much shit for too long. He wants a war? He's got one." Glenn stated, his face stoic.

Andrea turned towards their leader, "Rick. If you don't sit down and try to work this out, I don't know what's gonna happen. He has a whole town. Look at you." She spun around to look at everyone, "You've lost so much already. You can't stand alone anymore."

Rick walked around to face her, "You want to make this right, get us inside."

"No."

"Then we got nothing to talk about." Rick began to walk away.

"There are innocent people." Andrea called out,

"And what about us? Weren't we innocent? What did we do to get the wrath of Woodbury? They started it. It was our turn to finish it."