5

"Day 46. The storm has hit... hard. I'm starting to question my school-girl crush on Daryl. I caught him yelling at Carol, calling her names. But after everything that's happened today, that's the least of my problems."

CAROLINE WENT TO GO feed the horses the next day when she heard Daryl yelling at Carol in the stable

CAROLINE WENT TO GO feed the horses the next day when she heard Daryl yelling at Carol in the stable. She watched as he threw the sadle on the ground and gripped his side in pain. Carol went to help, but he pushed her away and called her a 'stupid bitch' before stalking off and Caroline followed,

"Why are you actin' like that? Her daughter is lost in the woods and you're callin' her a stupid bitch?" Caroline questioned and Daryl stopped,

He turned around, his face red, "How bout you mind yer own damn business, little girl?!"

Caroline flinched and closed her eyes, ready for the impact. When nothing happened, she opened her eyes once more and looked at Daryl, "You think I was gonna hit you?" He asked, suddenly looking a lot more pissed off, "I ain't like yer daddy, girl!" Daryl yelled at her before leaving.

"I knew he wasn't like my dad. Daryl was a good person, my dad would never go lookin' for a girl who was lost in the woods, even if it was me. Daryl is better than him, better than any of them actually."

Caroline took a deep breath before heading back to the house. Her father sat in the living room, waiting for her, "I don't know how many times I have to tell you." He stated, drinking his beer, "They will be gone soon. I heard Hershel arguing with Mick."

"Rick." Caroline corrected before flinching.

"Wha'?" He growled,

"His name is Rick.... not Mick." Caroline explained and her father narrowed his eyes at her,

"Doesn't matter, girly. They found them in the barn. Mick's group will be gone by the end of the week." He continued, "So why do you continue to talk to them?"

"I'm sorry." Caroline whispered,

"Excuse me?" Her father asked, "Wha' did you say?"

"I'm sorry." She spoke louder and her father stood up and walked towards her,

"You didn't answer my question. Why do you talk to them?!" He exclaimed before throwing his empty beer bottle at the wall, smashing it into pieces.

"Because it's nice to talk to different people." Caroline answered, "Instead of the same people who live on the farm. They know what it's like out there."

Her father began walking towards the front door, "Clean that up, useless bitch." He said before leaving,

Caroline hurried to get the broom and swept up the glass. After she threw all of it away, Caroline went outside and was met with both groups, although there were some people missing,