24. Every Single Word

ACT TWO, CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUREvery Single Word

Every Single Word

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

     EVEN THOUGH ANDI INSISTED THAT ISAAC DIDN'T BEAT UP ONE OF THE TWINS, Mr. Harris still gave him a lunchtime detention. There should've been no surprise there since Mr. Harris was most likely just looking for any reason to give a student detention even if they didn't actually do anything. At the end of the day, there was no point in arguing with him so Isaac would just have to go to detention and get it over with.

     "I can't stand those guys," Isaac muttered under his breath as he closed his locker.

     "Trust me, I don't either. I'm gonna try to keep an eye on them, hopefully keep them from stirring up more trouble," Andi said.

     "How are you gonna do that without looking like a stalker? And you can't be sneaky about it since you can't hear their thoughts," Isaac pointed out. "And if a fight breaks out, how are you gonna defend yourself without magic?"

     "If they couldn't tell I was lying, they probably truly think I am onto them. They might be looking over their shoulders, they might play it cool. And if they try something, I got some tricks up my sleeve. But right now, you gotta get to detention and I got two alpha werewolves to keep tabs on," Andi said and Isaac sighed as he walked to the classroom where his lunchtime detention was.

     Andi sighed as she spotted the Twins heading to the cafeteria and headed there as well. They couldn't accuse her of stalking them because it was lunchtime so everyone was going to the cafeteria to eat something. When she did get there, she found them sitting at one of the tables and made sure to sit a couple of tables away from them so she wasn't too close. Unfortunately, she wasn't going to be able to hear anything they said or thought, but this way she could be sure that they weren't causing trouble for her friends. Anytime they looked in her direction, she looked away before they could catch her looking and acted as if she was just another student eating lunch. When she turned back around, the Twins were gone and her stomach dropped. She got up and threw out her garbage before hurrying out of the cafeteria to find the Twins. How could they be gone after she looked away for five seconds?

     If only I could hear them.

     She was rushing down the hallway when she heard screaming and started running to where it was coming from. She found the vending machine blocking the supply closet and she could hear someone screaming and banging on the door from inside. Andi recognized Isaac's voice screaming for help and rushed over and started pushing the vending machine away from the door.