06. Andi the Teenage Witch

ACT ONE, CHAPTER SIXAndi the Teenage Witch

Andi the Teenage Witch

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

     FOR THE REST OF THE DAY, ANDI'S GRANDMOTHER WAS TEACHING HER CONTROL. Andi was instructed to sit still and close her eyes and breathe slowly. She never saw the point in meditation but that was before her grandmother told her she was a young witch with so much magic that it was breaking through her grandmother's binding spell.

     "Once you feel calm and focused, control will easily follow," her grandmother said. "And once you are focused, don't let anything break it."

     Andi opened her eyes and there was a line of salt on the table. The grimoire was open to a page with the incantation and she knew that her grandmother wanted her to recite it.

     "What is the point of this?" Andi asked while looking at her grandmother.

     "This is a spell that's used to help new witches learn. If you can do this, you'll be able to move up," she said and Andi sighed.

     "I've been here for two and a half weeks now and I'm just learning spells."

     "Focus."

     She looked at the line of salt and the words on the page written in an ancient language. She recited the words written on the page and the line of salt ignited. The flame was small but Andi was still surprised that she was able to do it. It may have been silly that she was shocked over something that seemed like nothing to more advanced witches such as her grandmother but she never knew she was capable of magic. Like many other people, she didn't believe in magic. Not until she moved in with her grandmother and started learning all about witches and magic.

     "I really did that," she said as her grandmother put out the flame.

     "You might be more powerful than I initially thought. That much power and no control is a recipe for disaster," her grandmother said.

     "How powerful do you think I am?" Andi questioned as she sat up straight.

     "About as powerful as any other young witch your age. Maybe a little more once you have it all under control," her grandmother replied and Andi bit her lip.

     Her grandmother continued to teach her the simple things until dinner was ready and it was time to eat. After dinner, Andi went upstairs to her room and changed her clothes. She put on a pair of black tight fitting shorts and a grey tank top and pulled her hair into a ponytail. She went into the bathroom to brush her teeth and went back to her room when she was done and collapsed on her bed. She turned the lamp off and didn't even bother to get underneath the blanket and fell asleep.