05. DIY Rock Candy

ACT ONE, CHAPTER FIVEDIY Rock Candy

DIY Rock Candy

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

     WHEN ANDI GOT TO SCHOOL, she immediately recognized that something was different but she couldn't exactly tell what it was. Even when she was in class and taking notes, there was a part of her mind that was trying to figure out who or what was giving her the feeling that something was different. The potion her grandmother gave her was starting to wear off and the voices were beginning to crawl back into her head, only this time they weren't so aggressive.

     When she was in the hallway at her locker, she heard two voices that stood out from the rest. She recognized one but the other was a complete mystery to her. When she looked to her left, Erica was standing with the same boy with the blonde curls but something was different about him as well. He was also wearing a black leather jacket and he seemed to carry himself with more confidence just like Erica did. She was able to distinguish their voices from everybody else but she still had trouble understanding what they were saying. The more she focused, the more clear their voices became but she was only able to pick up sentence fragments.

     Lydia...kill...test...

     Andi was confused about the combination of words she heard and many possibilities came to mind. She felt like somebody was watching her and when she looked up from the floor, Erica and the tall boy with the blonde curls were looking at her. Her heart was pounding as she gripped her bag tightly and closed her locker. It was like everything had gone silent and all she could hear was them. When she looked around, there was no one else in the hallway except for the three of them.

     When she turned back to the two students, they were standing right in front of her but they looked different. Their faces were morphed and the boy has a bit of extra hair on his face. Their ears were pointed, they had fangs that were on full display as they growled at her but their eyes were what grabbed her attention. They were glowing with the colour of amber yellow and they looked like they had a permanent scowl on their faces. Before she could scream, Erica's hand wrapped around her neck and Andi could feel claws digging into her skin.

     The loud ring of the school bell pulled Andi out of her thoughts and when she looked around, the hallways were still crowded and the two other students were still standing a few feet away from her but they were still looking at her. Andi turned away and hurried down the hall, not caring if she forgot anything. As if the voices weren't enough, now she was seeing things that weren't even there. That moment felt too real for her to worry about anything else. She had no idea what just happened or what it was about but it scared her. It was already clear that her grandmother's potion was wearing off and she was so sure that things wouldn't be so aggressive anymore but it seemed like that wasn't going to be the case.

     When she finished her first class and got to her chemistry class, Erica and the tall boy with the blonde curls were there as well. Andi sucked in a deep breath before choosing a spot near the back and taking out her notebook. She remembered that there was a new lesson planned for the class so she made sure that her notebook was opened to a clean page and her pen had ink in it. She swore she could feel her body tense when the boy with the blonde curls took the spot at the table next to the one she was sitting at but she clenched her fist tightly. After that image of him and Erica, she didn't want to be around any of them but how was she supposed to tell him that the reason she didn't want him sitting anywhere near her was because her mind made her think that he and Erica had fangs and yellow eyes? If anything, that would've been the first step to getting herself sent to a mental asylum and she wasn't at that point yet.