40. One to Ten

ACT THREE, CHAPTER FORTYOne to Ten

One to Ten

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

     BETWEEN HOME AND SCHOOL, THINGS WERE ALWAYS HECTIC. Andi couldn't stop thinking about what her grandmother told her and what Kira told them about "Bardo" and kept trying to figure out what the solution was going to be before things got catastrophic.

     "If you keep overthinking, you're gonna crash into something," Isaac said from his bike and Andi sighed as they turned on her street.

     "Wouldn't be the first time I crash into anything, really. Also, it's hard to stop overthinking with everything going on. I don't know if what we found out today made things better or worse. Now we know what's going on with them but we still don't know how we're going to help them fix it before they die," she said.

     "You really think they're gonna die?" Isaac asked.

     "Kira said they're in the state between life and death and that there are different progressive states, which they are actually going through right now. She also said the final state is death which means they will get there eventually and die if they don't close that door in their minds that Grams told me about," Andi said as she saw her house in her line of vision.

     "Now I see why you're overthinking everything. Plus, there's no telling how much time we have until they do reach the final state," Isaac said and Andi sighed as she got off her bike and went into the garage.

     "I know you're here to study but don't be surprised if we end up doing more research on Bardo," she said as they rested their bikes against the wall and Isaac laughed as Andi closed the garage.

     "Wouldn't be the craziest thing we've ever done. Like when you threw me up into Allison's window," he said and Andi smiled as they went inside.

     "Having the ability to move things with my mind also includes moving people and myself," she replied. "Hey, Grams, I'm home! Isaac's here too so we're just gonna go upstairs to study for a test."

     When she walked into the living room, her smile dropped when she saw two faces she didn't think she would see anytime soon. She hadn't heard their voices in so long and hadn't seen their faces longer. She thought they would just stay in Atlanta but now she was standing face to face with them while her grandmother stood to the side with her arms crossed.

     "Hi, Andi," her mother said but Andi didn't move and the expression on her face didn't change.

     "Why are you here?" she asked.