39. An Airhorn

ACT THREE, CHAPTER THIRTY-NINEAn Airhorn

An Airhorn

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

     ANDI DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE SHE HAD BEEN UP ALL NIGHT UNTIL HER ALARM WENT OFF. She checked the time and cursed under her breath as she put the book down and ran her fingers through her tangled hair. She spent the entire night reading through all of her grandmother's books to see if any of them had any information or even just little clues about what to do about the situation her friends were having. Unfortunately, she couldn't find anything about sleep paralysis and hallucinations after having a near death experience. Books and notes were spread all over her bed and about two of the books had fallen onto the floor as she got up to go take a shower. She didn't even bother to put the books away after she finished getting ready and just grabbed her bag after carelessly throwing her notebook and textbooks inside.

     "You look like you slept in a graveyard," her grandmother said while drinking a cup of tea at the table and Andi scoffed as she put a pop tart in the toaster.

     "I didn't sleep at all. I was up all night trying to figure out how to help my friends and came up with nada," she replied as she leaned against the counter, waiting for the toaster to pop.

     "When your grandfather and I were young, I had to do a spell where I had to sacrifice someone I loved and your grandfather was the only one I had. I didn't want to lose him too so I used a loophole. He was dead for a few minutes but I brought him back and after that, he experienced hallucinations of his dead sister but he didn't experience sleep paralysis. It took a while before we realized that him dying opened some kind of door and the only way he could close it was by letting go of his sister and moving on," her grandmother explained.

     "So, what you're saying is that Scott, Stiles and Allison being nearly dead opened a door in their minds and they need to close it and to do that they might have to deal with some unresolved issues?" Andi asked.

     "It's possible," her grandmother answered as the toaster popped and Andi grabbed a paper towel so she wouldn't burn herself.

     "I gotta go. Me and Isaac are supposed to see if we can find anything we might have missed, maybe a clue to help them close that door in their minds," she said and her grandmother chuckled.

     "You and Isaac. You know historically speaking, witches and werewolves had more of a neutral to negative relationship. The only thing we had in common was that we were both hunted for being anything other than human. But seeing you, Isaac and Scott being such good friends gives me hope that the cycle will be broken one day," she said with a small smile.

     "I'll see you later, Grams," Andi said before leaving the house and grabbing her bike.

     She finished her pop tart before she arrived at school and locked her bike and went inside. She saw Isaac walking down the hallway and grabbed his arm while pulling him along.