Chapter 10: Between Two

JACKSON opened his heavy eyelids slowly. He looked around and let out deep sigh, "Again here..."

"Oh, you're awake!" his manager, Ash that just enter the room quickly ran towards him.

"What about the rehearsal?" asked Jackson.

"Dude, you still thinking about the rehearsal now?" asked Ash.

"It's not even my first time anyway. What time now? What my next schedule?" asked Jackson that going to get up but suddenly Ash pushed him. Jackson looked at him, "What?"

"Did you think we're going to let you work today with what happen to you?" asked Ash serious. "You need to rest."

Jackson smirked, "Come on, Ash. I can just leave after finish this IV drip, right? It's not even my first time pass out."

"Yes and this is your third time in this week," said Ash.

Jackson just about to answer when suddenly John, the main manager of Team Wang and also his bestfriend suddenly enter the room with doctor.

"It looks like our Jackson Wang is awake," said the doctor.

"Doctor, just tell them that I can discharge right away. It's not that serious that I need to admit or whatsoever," said Jackson.

"I'm sorry Jackson but... you really need to slow down your activities and got a lot of rest. Your chart not showing good result," said the doctor.

Jackson smirked, "You must be wrong, doctor. I eat organic foods, drink various of herbs supplement and even my toothpaste is organic. Health is always my priority."

"Yeah, you did. But unfortunately all those things not compatible enough to handle your overworked body."

"What do you mean?"

"The results shows that you got high blood pressure and also risk to get heart attack or stroke attack. If you continue doing this for much longer time, I'm scared you won't able to use your body forever or maybe the worst... your life in a risk line."

Jackson's eyes turned wider to hear that. He really didn't expect his workaholic habit going to harm him. He thought that he did well enough in taking care of his health and he even told people around him to do so.

"I hope you can consider to slow down your activities from now on. If not maybe you won't able to stay long in this industry. Well... if there's no more question excuse me."

Jackson couldn't say anything even after the doctor walked out. John and Ash looked at each other. They knew that Jackson must be in big shock from what doctor told him.

"Jackson, I think this is the right time..." said John hesitated to continue his words.

Jackson looked at him in serious expression, "What?"

John coughed, "Ehemm... like you know that every year, you're going to spend 6 months for your solo activities and another 6 months for your schedule in Korea with Got7. Right?"

"So what?"

"I think you should really reconsider again that kind of division. You got no proper time for rest with that. You need to remember also that your age is not the same like in your rookie years. Your body won't be able to tolerate longer."

"So you're going to say that I need to slow down my solo activities? Like that?" asked Jackson.

John laughed, "Are you crazy? Hey, you got lot of potential to be a big worldwide star! Tons of brands and artists are waiting to collaborate with you. You have a bright future to be well-known by worldwide!"

Jackson frowned, "What are you trying to tell me? Can you just straight to the point? My head already this hurt and I don't feel like want to use my brain further."

"Withdraw from Got7."

Jackson's heart beating fast to hear that, "Are you crazy?! You know that I have no intention to leave Got7! Even everyone said I'm going to leave Got7 sooner or later but I'll never leave the group. How could you, someone that know me well dare to say that?"

John laughed sarcastically, "Don't act like a rookie, Jackson. You are at the peak of your career now. You can achieve more as you have more time to focus on your solo career and at the same time focus for your health. People can talk whatever they want. Believe me they're going to turn silent when you achieve new achievement day by day! Isn't it good?"

"No. Got7 is my root. Got7 made me. Got7 made Jackson Wang! I won't betray my fans' belief on me and I... won't betray my six brothers," said Jackson serious.

"So you're going to betray Team Wang? You're going to put us aside?" asked Ash suddenly.

Jackson looked at Ash, "Are you kidding me? Of course not! I made Team Wang. I won't abandon Team Wang! I can just slow down my solo activities like 4 or 5 months so I can have one month to rest. It's fine, right?"

Ash let out heavy sigh, "Jackson, you know what... for these past years it really hard for us to manage your activities. We might be like a backup staff who helps artist like you but we do have our own pride in our career. We got a lot idea and plan for you but lot of it couldn't be done because of your limit time to be with us. It had been a while we want to discuss about this matter to you but we need to respect the fact that you are also responsible as Got7 member. It just... how great if you can just worked with us longer so we can do a lot of thing together."

Jackson didn't say anything. His anger suddenly gone after heard to what Ash said. He never know that his team felt unfair all this while. He thought that's good for them too as they worked hard for 6 months with him so they can slow down and more relax for another 6 months. But he was wrong. His team also have their own personal goal to achieve.

John put his hand on Jackson's shoulder, "I know you just want the best and try to balance both of the activities but... not everything we want, we can have it, Jackson. Sometimes you need to sacrifice one thing for another better thing."

Jackson frowned, "Are you going to say I'm better as solo than with Got7? You're going to say that it such a waste for me to be in Got7?"

John shrugged, "I didn't mean in that way but... how long do you think you're going to last in Got7? Also one more thing, do you think none of your member had a thought to leave the group?"

Jackson flinched to hear that. The fact that they did had a thought to be in hiatus few months ago hit him hard. They never tell anyone about that and because of Saemi suddenly appeared, they never talked about that issue again.

"Anyway, Jackson... we're going to see you tomorrow. I'll tell your management in Korea about your condition. You need to rest a lot and... think about what you need to think in between that," said John with a meaningful smile before he then left the room.

"See you tomorrow, Jackson." Ash then also left Jackson.