Chapter 23: Perfect Duo

"THIS is insane! We still not practicing even a single step about our performance. How can they treat us like this!" said Jinyoung after they gave their song to the technical team and now they already at the backstage with the first performance already started their performance.

"I shouldn't agree to join this program at the very first place. I should just take Dr. Jeong's exam," said Jaebeom to himself.

"Let's just run away than embarrassing ourselves," said Jinyoung.

Jaebeom put his hand on Jinyoung's shoulder, "Listen, Park Jinyoung... we got no choice left now. I'm afraid to tell you but actually... I do feel like want to run away from here now."

"Should we?"

Jaebeom shook his head, "But we can't. We might harm our universities' name. I don't want to get recognize as coward that embarrassing my university. I think you must be the same, right?"

Jinyoung looked at Jaebeom's eyes before suddenly smiled, "Of course."

Jaebeom smiled, "Good then."

"Don't you think we ever met before?" asked Jinyoung suddenly.

Jaebeom flinched. He looked at Jinyoung's eyes that stare at his face, "I..."

"And now... the representative from both universities... JJ PROJECT!"

Jaebeom and Jinyoung shocked when realize their name already being called out.

"Wait, when the second..." Jinyoung then see a group of children walked down from the stage and joining the other group to sit at the audience, "Ah... the second group also done their performance. We're doomed."

"Let's go and just do whatever we can. Just... dance whatever you can!" said Jaebeom before climbed the stairs.

They both gulped to see how many audiences in front of them. Their friends from both universities shouting out their name here and there while the kids are looking at them excitedly. There are five man wearing blazer at the front row that Jaebeom and Jinyoung can recognize as the representatives from the companies that sponsored this orphanage.

Jaebeom and Jinyoung took a deep breath before ready at their spot with Jaebeom at the end of the right stage while Jinyoung at the left stage. Jaebeom lifted his head to Jinyoung and find Jinyoung also looked at him. They nodded to each other before Jaebeom signaling the technical team that they're ready.

The first song, Deux's Turn Around Look at Me played and both of them running while jumping lightly to the center of the stage and make a high-five to each other. Jaebeom did the solo dance with b-boy vibe before stopped a few seconds later to let Jinyoung did his solo dance with pop dance. Jinyoung stopped his dance and put the same motion like Jaebeom and they began to do the original choreography.

Everyone were cheering on them when they began to dance in sync. Both of them glanced to each other and even surprised with each other.

'Wahh... he can dance well,' thought Jaebeom.

'Woah... he's a good dancer!' thought Jinyoung.

They're getting more excited with the outstanding reaction from the audience. The Deux's song is going to end before changed to the next song but they didn't even got time to discuss who's going to do the solo dance first and which time they should take turns. However suddenly both them like having their own instinct they gather at the center of stage and Jinyoung turned around to face Jaebeom. Their head moved to different way and spread their hands like doing popping dance before grabbed each other hands. Jaebeom then crawled under Jinyoung's leg before both of them do their own solo dance.

They finished the first song with Jaebeom's b-boy and Jinyoung's swing. When the next song played both of them changed to the cute boys dancing to Balloons song. The audience shouting excitedly and some of them even follow the dance. The kids also looked happy and dance along. Both of them finished the song with doing the big heart sign on their head. Everybody were so happy and they got a loud applause from everyone.

Jaebeom and Jinyoung smiled proudly while huffing. They waved to the audience before walked down the stage.

"You did well," said Jaebeom.

"You too," said Jinyoung before both of them did the brotherhood handshake.

"Wahhh! You guys are so amazing!" Hanmin and Haera ran towards them at the backstage.

"How you guys can be in sync so perfectly in less than one hour?" asked Haera.

Jaebeom and Jinyoung glanced to each other.

"We... not even able to practice beforehand. We just... divide the part where we should do the solo dance," explained Jaebeom.

"And both of us know the original choreo of the songs," added Jinyoung.

Haera and Hanmin looked at them with dropped jaw. Haera shook her head, "Are you guys joking? Then how about that popping dance and you walked through under his leg. Is that a coincident?"

"I..." Jaebeom looked to Jinyoung but Jinyoung also has the same confuse face like his, "I don't know why we can did that. It feels like we had... discuss about that but... maybe yeah, we've discussed about that."

Jaebeom really couldn't give any excuse about it. He definitely remember that they never discuss to do that part but how come Jinyoung also can act the same like his as if they're having telepathic power to each other?

Hanmin shook his head, "Whatever it is but you guys really amazing. The dance look so in sync like already practice for months. Anyway, good job! Both of us need to give the ending speech. See you guys later."

Hanmin and Haera then left them at that backstage. Jaebeom looked at Jinyoung that also looked at him. Jinyoung scratched his head, "Are we having the same confusion right now?"

Jaebeom smirked, "But I bet we both have no answer about this, right?"

Jinyoung just shrugged.

"Excuse me..."