Chapter 11: The Hardest Goodbye

"COCO-YAH... please eat a little bit," said Youngjae softly while put the bowl with Coco's favorite food in front of Coco.

Coco just whimpered softly and turned her head. Youngjae sighed, "I'm going to be busy again soon for preparing the comeback. How can I focus in my job if you keep make me worry like this?"

Coco had always falling sick lately that make Youngjae worried. Since his brother not living with him after married Youngjae is at home alone with Coco. But for this past few days, his friend ask Youngjae to take care of his dog, Collie for a while. Youngjae thought that was a good idea as Collie might able to make Coco energize back but it looks like he was wrong.

"Should I bring you to vet again to get an injection?" asked Youngjae.

Coco turned her head to him and whimper again signaling she doesn't want to.

"Then you should eat," said Youngjae.

Suddenly Youngjae's phone ringing. The composer that always worked with Youngjae called him, "Oh, hyung? That song? Ah, right... I've wrote the melody but I still in process of write the lyrics."

Youngjae glanced to Coco as he listened to the phone, "You want to see it. Okay. I'm going to finalize the melody first and then I'll send it to you."

After end the call Youngjae quickly moved to his room and sat on the keyboard. He took the notebook that he used to write his music note and started to do his work. He needs to work on this song as the song will put into the next album. The first version of the song already got accepted by the higher ups and he just need to fix some melody and lyrics.

****************************

YOUNGJAE frowned as his sleep got disrupted by the loud barking sound. He just realize that he's sleeping on his table instead of the bed as he just too busy to finish finalize the song and send it to his partner.

"Ah, Collie-yah... why you bark so loud early in the morning?" mumbled Youngjae while rubbing his eyes.

Youngjae walked out from his room, "What's wrong Collie-yah? Don't you know that..." Youngjae suddenly stopped when he saw Collie is barking loud beside Coco that was not moving.

"Coco-ya! Coco! What's wrong with you?!" Youngjae quickly lifted Coco in his arm but Coco is not moving and her eyes also stay close. He holds to Coco's chest and he can feels the slow heartbeat of hers.

Youngjae quickly took his wallet and phone before ran away out from his house. He needs to get Coco to the nearest vet as fast as possible. He's stop running when the traffic light for the pedestrian turned red.

"Aishh..." groaned Youngjae looking at the cars passed in front of him nonstop. The vet just at the opposite of the road and he even already able to see it. He just need to cross over the road.

"Oh, are you Got7's Youngjae?"

Youngjae turned his head and saw a few girls already lifted up their phone to take his photo. He realize that he's not wearing cap or mask to hide his face.

"Oh, oppa! I'm really your fan! Can I take picture with you?" the other girl suddenly appeared and by the time the light changed to green lots of other fans cornered him.

Youngjae tried to hide Coco in his jacket to not let the fans saw her, "Please... I'm..."

"Oppa, look at here please!"

"You look so good even with no makeup on!"

"You're so handsome oppa!"

Youngjae in panic when he saw there only left three seconds left before the light is going to change again. He made sudden move with pushed some of the girls to let go off himself and run as fast as he can to cross the road. He doesn't even care about anything else right now as long as Coco in his embrace will be fine...

*****************************

HE couldn't feel his legs anymore and flop to the floor as he heard to what the vet said, "It can't be..."

"I'm so sorry, Youngjae-ssi. We couldn't save her. Her heartbeat already stopped when we check on her. If only you got here a little bit earlier..."

"No! It can't be! I just late for a second! You need to save her! Please doctor... do anything you can. I beg you... save her," begged Youngjae as he's kneeling down and gripping to the vet's coat.

The vet sighed and holds to Youngjae's shoulder to help him get up again, "I know it's hard Youngjae-ssi. Her health is already quite bad this past months, right? Letting her go can make her rest in peace."

Youngjae is not saying anything anymore. He looked down as his tears keep falling.

"You can go and see her... for the last time."

Youngjae immediately ran towards the room and found his beloved dog just lay down there with no motion. The cheerful dog that used to run around while wiggling her tail now will never back alive again.

"Coco-yah... please look at appa..." begged Youngjae as he's holding to Coco's head softly. Coco's half closed eyes just look at him with empty look. No more her shining eyes that asking him to play.

"Coco-yah... please... please say something... you're a good girl, right? Please wake up. We can go home now or... walking around Han River maybe. You... you like to walk around, right?" said Youngjae softly but there is still no sign of motion of his beloved dog.

Youngjae bump his head to Coco's head, "I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry Coco-yah... I'm not a good owner. I failed to be a good dad for you. I made you suffer... you must be already holding your pain for so long. I'm so sorry... "

Youngjae lifted his head and stare at his pet that already like a daughter to him, "Thank you for these past years, my daughter. Thank you for being beside me during my up and down. You're a good dog. You are my best friend and my best partner that I've ever had. Now you can rest in better place. I'm sorry and... thank you."