Chapter 17: Galbitang Lover

"YO, MARK!"

Mark turned his head and saw two of his friends walked towards him. They did a fist bump, "I've been waiting you guys for so long!"

"Sorry, James got nature calling right before we're going to leave the house," said Carl.

James grinned before his eyes caught on something on Mark, "Oh, that's a nice necklace dude!"

Mark looked at his necklace, "Well, thanks."

"I've never see you wear that necklace. New one? Where you bought it? I want to have one too," said Carl.

He holds to the triangle locket, "I don't remember though. I just realize this thing in my accessories' box this morning. Maybe I got this long ago but because I have lot of other necklace so I don't realize this."

"What a waste then... anyway, what this symbol refer to?" asked James.

"Don't you know what this symbol is? It's the roman number of 93," told Carl.

"Ah... really? I just know the roman number until 12 because in our house got the clock with roman numbers," told James while grinning.

"This idiot guy really..." said Carl while shook his head.

Both of them walked towards the bookstore as they supposed to find the reference book that their lecturer asked to buy. Mark went to the Account section to find his book.

"I beg your pardon, sir?"

"Bi-je-ni-seu."

Mark turned his head. He saw the shopkeeper scratched his head while his face trying to focus on what his customer trying to say. The customer looks like Asian and not fluent English.

"Keu... bijeuniseu chek... where?" said the Asian guy again that mixing English and another language. He also looked frustrated when the worker couldn't understand him.

"Bij... are you cursing right in front my face?" said the shopkeeper that seems hurts.

"He's asking the book section of business books," said Mark.

The Asian guy nodded excitedly, "Maja! Bijeuniseu book!"

The shopkeeper smiled in relief, "Oh, business book? It was right there at the corner, sir."

The Asian guy smiled and nodded. He looked at Mark before bowed down, "Neomu geomawoyo."

Mark just smiled and bowed a little. That Asian guy then walked away and the shopkeeper continue doing his job again. Mark turned his head and found two of his friends looked at him with disbelief look.

"You guys got the book?" asked Mark.

"How you can understand that he's searching business books?" asked James.

"Hmm...? He said it himself right," told Mark.

"No. He said 'bi-jeu-ni-seu' instead of business. That's why that worker couldn't understand him. How you can understand with that heavy accent?"

"If I'm not mistaken he's speaking Korean. Did you by any chance know Korean language?" asked Carl.

Mark shrugged, "I don't know how to speak Korean. Well... maybe I just guessed that word and it happened to be right?"