Chapter 25: WOLO

JACKSON looked at himself in the mirror that looked at him back. He's fixing his tie to make it look perfectly neat.

"You look so handsome," a woman appeared behind him.

Jackson smiled to him, "Because I'm your son."

Sophia Wang, his mother helped him to fix the tie, "Your athletic body really perfectly fit with this suit."

Jackson just smile without saying anything.

Sophia then glanced to the notebook on Jackson's desk. Jackson that realize what his mother sees quickly closed his notebook and keep it in the drawer.

"Are you still writing those... thing?" asked Sophia serious.

Jackson gulped, "Just... sometimes when I... feel want to."

"You know your dad never like that, right? There's no use for you to write so-called lyrics or rap or whatever. You're a fencer not a singer."

"I have talent in both," replied Jackson seriously.

Sophia was about to say more but then suddenly her husband shout from below, "Honey! Jackson! We need to go now if we're not going to be late."

"Coming!" replied Sophia. She then looked at Jackson's serious face again, "Let's discuss about this later. We need to go now."

Jackson didn't say anything and just followed his mother walked out from his room.

They're going to the annual dinner of Hong Kong Fencing Association where all the national athlete and the VIPs will gather once per year. Jackson actually has not much exciting feeling anymore to attend that kind of event. If he can choose, he prefer to stay in his room and write more songs. For some reason Jackson realize that he can write rap easier lately. Before this he did try wrote some and even it quite hard for him to match the lyrics with rhyme but nowadays he can easily put the right word to match the rhyme.

"Remember to behave and don't make any trouble. There are lot of VIPs going to be there too," told his father while driving.

Jackson that sat at the back smirked, "Am I underage kid that will run everywhere? I'm 20!"

"But you never act like one."

Jackson was about to reply back but his mother quickly coughed, "Can you guys stop, please? We almost arrived. It's not the time to put on fight."

Both of Jackson and Ricky didn't say anything to each other anymore. Jackson just followed his parents entering the ballroom and they sat at the table that reserved for them. Jackson's parents greeted lot of people that mostly well-known athlete and the VIPs. Jackson just put on fake smile to greet the other guests after his mother glared at him to control his sour face. He really wish they can start to eat faster as the main reason he agreed to be there because of the foods. After few VIPs that Jackson doesn't care whom are giving speech and the awarding session finished, finally they able to eat.

"While everyone enjoy the meal, we're going to entertain everyone here with the performance from a famous rapper that also build his fame in Korea lately, SEAN!"

Jackson that busy to chew his roasted chicken now lifted his head, "Sean? That's my favorite rapper!"

"Jackson! Shhh..." his mother quickly tapped his thigh from under the table.

"That's..." Jackson that turned his head to his parents then stopped when looked at his father that sat beside his mother glared at him like warned him to not embarrassing them by being too over-excited for the rapper that they don't know and don't even care.